Thread: New to site - 1990 Buick Riviera

Cool New to site - 1990 Buick Riviera

Hello everyone. I stumbled across this forum and excited to find it. I am a GM enthusiast but mostly a Buick enthusiast. I use to help as an Admin on cheersandgears.com, a GM enthusiast website. I helped there for 8 years. My life became too busy to continue assisting with the site, but I do still visit it. Drew owns the site and is a wonderful guy.

I was raised in Buicks (my mother had a 1983 Buick Regal, a 1993 Park Avenue, and a 1996 Park Avenue while I was growing up.) I leased a new a 2001 Buick Regal GS and then traded it for a 2003 Buick Park Avenue Ultra.

I lost my Park Avenue Ultra in a serious car accident. I decided to purchase a used 1995 Buick Riviera after the accident. I, unfortunately, lost her in a serious car accident as well. Both FWD G-Body Buicks gave their life to protect and save mine. I'm thankful for the safety and proven engineering for the FWD G-body.

I recently purchased my first E-Body - a 1990 Buick Riviera. She is a single owner vehicle and was purchased, serviced, and traded in at the same dealership up in Anchorage, Alaska. The dealership sold the Riviera at auction to a dealership here in WA state. I tracked this Riviera for 8 months hoping I would be able to buy it. Luck was on my side.

She only had 86,000 miles on her when I purchased her. I've had her for 6 months now, and she now has 88,000 miles on her. I have already had to replace the MAF sensor and the battery. I was apparently fast-tracked to the most common problems with this particular generation. Several people apparently have MAF Sensor problems.

I'll try to post pictures of her soon. I need to have her detailed and find a nice background for the photo shoot. I'll probably either use the Bellevue skyline or Seattle skyline for the backdrop.

I have several questions to ask regarding my Buick Riviera. I'll post those in the appropriate forum topic over the next week or so.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Take Care,
    VenSeattle

glad to hear from you, Ven.

don't want to drive you away, but RivOwners.org is the go to place for Riviera info.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Thumbs up Thank you!

Thank you for the referral! I will definitely check the website out as well. I'm a diehard Buick fan so no worries about driving me away. I enjoy learning and reading about Buick And GM.