- Musclecar Enthusiast March 06 - the Jim Burek 350 porting article
- Ancient mid 12's secrets for your Buick *350*
- Poston Camshafts, Buick 350
    - 350 casting Numbers
- Buick 350 Drag Strip Tests from Kenne-Bell
- 350 Engine Specifications

Thread: 350 exhaust manifolds

350 exhaust manifolds

I am building a Buick Skylark 350 for street/parking lot use. I do not want to use long tube headers and can't find anyone who makes shortys. The original manifolds on my 1968 engine accept 2" down pipes. Do any of the later manifolds or those for a GS accept larger or am I going to be stuck with modifying a set of Chevy 350 shortys for a Chevelle? Unfortunately the exhaust manifold casting number reference doesn't list the down pipe sizes.

I think you are stuck with full length headers or the original factory manifolds. The early factory manifolds all exit in the same size, but it has been reported the 73 and later manifolds with 350-4s in the full size cars exit the manifold at 2.5". I can't say for sure, but it is a place to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve B.

67 GS 525 Buick Stage IV
    66 GS Convertible
    65 GS HT
    63 Riv
    02 Subaru WRX Turbo
    03 Ford Cobra Convertible (Factory Supercharged)

Thanks

Thanks for the manifold feedback. Looks like I'm going to get to spend some quality time poking around the local wrecking yards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Frankenbuick View Post
    I think you are stuck with full length headers or the original factory manifolds. The early factory manifolds all exit in the same size, but it has been reported the 73 and later manifolds with 350-4s in the full size cars exit the manifold at 2.5". I can't say for sure, but it is a place to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unicorn?

Quote Originally Posted by jhodgson View Post
    Thanks for the manifold feedback. Looks like I'm going to get to spend some quality time poking around the local wrecking yards.
    I am beginning to think that Buick 350 exhaust manifolds with down pipes bigger than 2" are about as rare as Unicorns. There was a guy in Cleveland parting out a 78 LeSabre who said it had 2-1/2" down pipes but he sold the car before I could actually see it. I've looked at half a dozen full size mid 70's 350's and none have been any bigger than 2".

If they exist, does anyboady out there have a set they would sell?

Thanks

Exhaust manifold mod

I have 2 sets of 350 exhaust manifold modified /ported by Gregg Gessler- he is out of that business now, but it increased the outlet on the cast iron manifolds.
    Problem is the TA downpipes are still 2 1/8 (?) into 2.5" . My engines are not max build ups, I used the TA 212 cam; ran well with GREAT torque.
    Ted Nagel
    (6)65 Wildcats; 65 Riviera; 65 Special Wagon; 65 GS; 65 Skylark; 67 Wildcat; 67 California GS; (2)68 GS400; 69 GS 350; 70 GS Stage 1; Wanted: time to fix 'em