Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 1956 Buick Century Project

In my mind keeping a Buick ALL Buick would be my goal. If you take an open drive '61-65 Full size car or a '63-'70 riv. & put both your car & the donor car on a lift next to each other you will be surprised on how similar they are/appear. If you use the COMPLETE open drive rear use the control arms & ALL the brackets from the donor car to mount to yours. Now one of the things you WILL have is the size brakes that were made for Buick's as well as MANY other things.
    Give it a look. I don't like those long trailing arms as they get in the way of MANY things including exhaust.
    Tom Telesco
    Classic and Muscle Automotive
    12 Cook St.
    Norwalk, CT 06853-1601
    Day Phone 203-324-6045 ET
    NailHead Mini-Starters '53-'66
    Adjustable Roller Tip Rocker Arms - All NailHeads
    Custom forged pistons
    Front & rear neoprene seals
    Many other "Nail" parts
    "If I can't get it, you don't need it!"

Quote Originally Posted by 87racer View Post
    it just shows a few boxes with X.. im a newbie am I doing something wrong?
    Hmmm its showing up ok on my end even when I'm not logged in, that's weird. Maybe try a different browser? firefox or something?

Quote Originally Posted by telriv View Post
    In my mind keeping a Buick ALL Buick would be my goal. If you take an open drive '61-65 Full size car or a '63-'70 riv. & put both your car & the donor car on a lift next to each other you will be surprised on how similar they are/appear. If you use the COMPLETE open drive rear use the control arms & ALL the brackets from the donor car to mount to yours. Now one of the things you WILL have is the size brakes that were made for Buick's as well as MANY other things.
    Give it a look. I don't like those long trailing arms as they get in the way of MANY things including exhaust.
    I have a lot of respect for the owners that go to great length to keep their cars original or at least correct, but you might be on the wrong thread of this website advocating for that haha

The rebuilt engine has been running great! My friend recently used this Buick in his wedding. here is a picture of my wife and I before that wedding

jacob

Beautiful! Wife not bad, either.

Ben