Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1956 Buick Century Project

looks like you gave those tires what for.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

I've been looking at my blower motor housing and keep thinking I'm getting a lot of heat soak when the AC is on. I thought about wrapping it in some sort of heat wrap and then realized its roughly the size of a turbocharger... so i got a turbocharger heat blanket and it fits pretty good haha

So are there two different people named Bob who frequent this sight? Bob and Bob Mando? I just realized that haha

it's easy to tell the difference, i'm lower case bob.

*wink*
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

I fired up the 56 convertible for the first time in a while and the oil burning is getting worse! this picture is after running it for just a few seconds. behind me is a wide open door. I'll be saving up for some forged pistons and rods, hopefully a January or February project

Some black friday sales helped kickstart engine rebuild 2.0. Got these forged eagle rods! finishing up a project in the shop now, hoping to get the Buick's engine out soon.

Jag rear

Looking fo some info on the jaguar rear you added to your Buick. What’s the face to face measurement ?

Quote Originally Posted by bsp54 View Post
    Looking fo some info on the jaguar rear you added to your Buick. What’s the face to face measurement ?

I don't have the hub to hub measurement but the track width (center of tire to center of tire) from the factory is 58" and these are wheels with a larger backspacing. so wheels with a lesser backspacing, like I have now and like the ones originally on these Buicks, will bring the track width closer to about 60"

From what I read online, it looks like the hub to hub measurement is 61 3/4" wide. as you see, it fits extremely well under the special / century body

I was digging through my parts in storage and four these springs had I had custom made for this 56 Buick back when I had my first suspension. These are a heavier spring rate and will firm up the back end of a 56 Special or Century, and I think 55 cars too. if anyone is interested in buying them let me know. these were only used for about 1 year and are in perfect shape.

Started on the tear down! Will hopefully have it out and disassembled tomorrow, to the machine shop on Tuesday. Its always fun to see what the problems inside are. I have been having extreme blow-by and oil consumption so my bet is on a damaged piston.