Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1956 Buick Century Project

1956 Buick Century Project

I drove to Yuma, AZ near the Mexico border this weekend (about 650 miles). Very happy with how its been running, 19 miles per gallon with hills and passing every semi in sight.

such a beautiful car! I actually am building a 57 4dr special with a l92/t56/8.8 axle combo hopefully its roadworthy before May for my wedding. I used your brake pedal setup as some inspiration but mine includes a clutch pedal and the original plenum design is different. I would like to update the front suspension down the road either with a c5 or crown vic setup, we'll see. I hope to drive mine regularly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by etizz View Post
    such a beautiful car! I actually am building a 57 4dr special with a l92/t56/8.8 axle combo hopefully its roadworthy before May for my wedding. I used your brake pedal setup as some inspiration but mine includes a clutch pedal and the original plenum design is different. I would like to update the front suspension down the road either with a c5 or crown vic setup, we'll see. I hope to drive mine regularly as well.

Thank you, and that sounds like a great project! If theres anything I can help with let me know. You should post some pictures on this site, I would love to see it!
    Are you doing the truck trailing arm rear suspension?

Quote Originally Posted by jacob View Post
    Thank you, and that sounds like a great project! If theres anything I can help with let me know. You should post some pictures on this site, I would love to see it!
    Are you doing the truck trailing arm rear suspension?
    Thanks. I will definitely post pics once I clean up around it and can get it out of the garage for some decent pics. the rear axle is a triangulated 4 link 8.8 the previous owner made work ,fairly easily done from the looks of it, I may need to reinforce it once its ready to move under its own power but well see when the time comes.

Few things in life are better than new high performance parts. When I was 16 with my first hot rod, someone told me that the problem with too much horsepower is that it's never enough! The intake is one of the few original things on my engine (which itself is far from original to the car), so I figured it needs to go. This is a Fast LSXRT intake. It has a 102mm throttle body, compared to the 78mm now. It is several pieces- an upper and a lower shell with 8 individual runners that can be removed.

hah.

there's a Deep Purple song about that.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Got the new intake installed today! Took a little longer than planned but so far so good. I think the intake looks much better but I can't run the corvette covers any more. With the throttle body being higher up I was able to route the intake piping much more directly and witless bends. I also put my previous air filter back on, in front of the radiator this time

I removed a coolant tube and it all fell on the exhaust! the heat wrap did a great job of holding the moisture in I guess.

1956 Buick Century project

Just finished a 1,500 mile road trip! Las vegas to hollywood to the coast, then san francisco, and up to washington with several stops and detours on the way! she handled it like a champ. only burned 1.5 quarter of oil LOL

I'll try to attach a video of driving through san francisco.

1956 Buick Century Acceleration video

Here are a couple acceleration videos, the speedometer is about 10% off, showing slower than actual speed. this is 0 to about 85

1956 Buick Century video

It looks like I can only post one video at a time, heres the other one