Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 1956 Buick Century Project

I've been meaning to make new brake and AC parts, and paint in body color. I changed the design of the AC setup a little bit- less bolt holes to hold the cover on. Heres a shot of the new ceramic headers and polished valve covers too

I was browsing through pictures and had to laugh when I found this! From about 3 years ago. The hood on the far left is now the hood on this Century.

that sure don't look like Las Vegas.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Quote Originally Posted by bob k. mando View Post
    that sure don't look like Las Vegas.

You're right its not! I am born and raised from Washington, and recently moved back there from Vegas. I suppose I should update my account info so it doesn't say Las Vegas haha

Got some more work done this weekend... Paint matching sure is difficult. These came out a couple shades off.
    Here are some pics of the insulation and inside the evaporator housing

Trailing Arm Mount- More pics?

Thank heavens I found this thread. My dynaflow is no longer flowing, and I've got a 700r4 ready to go. I've got a set of truck arms but I need to make a front mount for the trailing arms. I know from reading the thread you switched to Jaguar rear suspension, but do you have any pics of that mount outside the car? I would really appreciate it. Also, are you the guy on ebay that sells the power brake firewall kits? If so, I'll be in the market for one as soon as I get this car back on the road.

Thanks in advance- Here's a pic of mine.IMG_1693.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hay View Post
    Thank heavens I found this thread. My dynaflow is no longer flowing, and I've got a 700r4 ready to go. I've got a set of truck arms but I need to make a front mount for the trailing arms. I know from reading the thread you switched to Jaguar rear suspension, but do you have any pics of that mount outside the car? I would really appreciate it. Also, are you the guy on ebay that sells the power brake firewall kits? If so, I'll be in the market for one as soon as I get this car back on the road.

Thanks in advance- Here's a pic of mine.IMG_1693.JPG

Did you find an adapter plate to put the 700r4 onto the 322? Ive seen a couple for sale, haven't heard about how well they fit. I'll look for pictures but I don't think I have any. it was just two flat pieces of steel with 3/8" holes drilled to hold it to the frame, and then a bar welded across to hold the two pieces together.

That's me, I've been selling those for a little while now. If you buy directly rather than through ebay I give a $25 discount.

I'm saving up for the Bentzen's adapter, it's $675. I'll buy it from Russ, the nailheadbuick.com guy. He's been very helpful already with my car. As far as fitment, I haven't read any complaints, but I'll ask him about it when I'm ready to order.

hi, I dant see the pics of your build, can you repost a few? would like to see the suspension mounts and the trailing arm mount.. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 87racer View Post
    hi, I dant see the pics of your build, can you repost a few? would like to see the suspension mounts and the trailing arm mount.. thanks
    Check out the first page of this thread, there are a few pictures there. Also, I'm not a big fan of the 61 differential swap anyways as there are better options out there.

it just shows a few boxes with X.. im a newbie am I doing something wrong?