Thread: 1962 leSabre/225 ashtray, also what are these parts?

1962 leSabre/225 ashtray, also what are these parts?

there is a part that keeps the ashtray up. i dont remember *** it was. here is a pic of a couple of parts i don't know what they are or what they do. if anyone knows, esp if they have anything to do with holding the ashtray up in place, please let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The spring is what holds the ashtray up (or closed). There is one on each side and attaches to two holes in the hinge and the ashtray body. I am not sure what the other parts are. The look like some sort of bumpers. Would you like me to take my car apart and see if I can spot them?
    Best Regards,
    Ron

Thanks Ron! hey i did actually find out that it was in fact those ashtray springs because i looked at a guy who has a 62 Electra 225, SAME DASH and saw (the second time i went with a flashlight) the springs, and then i saw those two holes you are talking about on my ashtray!!!! and then i saw two NOS ones on the bay for $10. so they are on the way. OF COURSE i found the second spring right after i ordered it, but they are not the same, there is a left and a right!!!! anyway one of my springs is about shot, it lost its tension. i'm not sure which one but with two new ones coming i am good!!! the brown parts on the left are clips that hold on your front windshield moulding. they snap into the moulding and then have to be screwed into the car, i have no idea other than it seems it must be under the w/s gasket. i am still wondering where those bumpers go, but since i dont have a good pic of them in the frame there, might be a while till i finds out where. Thanks for the help, you just reminded me to go look on my front porch. i am still waiting to test my gas gauge and get my new headlight switch that was intermittently working my dash lights. it's been a long slog renewing all the cables and junk behind the dash and painting the dash, but well worth it. still working on my dash pad too and then it's seat. but i'll get the w/s in as soon as the gas and light switch are known good. hey i know you didn't ask, but thas how i roll. TMI!