Thread: Thinking about changes...

Thinking about changes...

Thinking about closing the "Journals". While there are a few good ones, there are not many and I don't know if many users find them.

If we should have a place for people to show their project progress, we could start a "Forum" for that purpose. I am not sure what we could call it, maybe "Projects" or even stick with "Journals". The user would just start a thread for their project. I think they would get more exposure and comments if it were an integral part of the forum. What do you think?

I am also thinking we should bring back the "Garage". It hasn't really ever been closed, it just got pushed to the back room and the "Gallery" was promoted. I am thinking perhaps we should keep both. The "Garage" is a fairly specific images program where you can only upload images of your car. The "Gallery" is a little more versatile where you might like to upload pictures of a car show or something you have seen or done. What do you think?

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Thinking about changes...

I was looking at my two journal entries the other day and thinking I should update them. I had forgotten they were over there. It might be easier to access and have more exposure in the forums. It would be nice to be able to update them a little picture heavy in that forum if it is gong to become a feature area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve B.

67 GS 525 Buick Stage IV
    66 GS Convertible
    65 GS HT
    63 Riv
    02 Subaru WRX Turbo
    03 Ford Cobra Convertible (Factory Supercharged)

the main thing i would be concerned about is, how are you going to migrate the existing Journal entries?

if somebody was using that for information or pic hosting and has lost their originals ( hard drive crash or new comp or whatever ), some few users might lose data they thought they had backed up if you just drop them.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

I agree it is hard to close something even if it is not very popular. But Journals has not been very popular and it would be nice to try to improve it.

Even with the promotion of the Garage again, the Albums will still be available. I have also moved the help forums to the top of the page to see if that clears some questions.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

You may have noticed that I have created a thread for Journals and Projects. I have moved the link for the Journals from the navbar to that forum. This will keep the old Journals accessible and those who wish can continue to develop there.

What do you think?