Thread: 71 Skylark steering wheel. .

71 Skylark steering wheel. .

On my 71 Skylark the factory wheel is worn and dated. I want to get a "rally " wheel but only see them in black, which clashes with my Ivy Gold dash and Sandalwood seats.. is there a wood-toned rally wheel OEM style with horn and Buick logo? Thx..!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have a one like the one pictured in the lower right, but in blue, still doesn't go with what your color scheme is. If you what ebay, you will eventually find one.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

[QUOTE=Bob;99105]I have a one like the one pictured in the lower right, but in blue, still doesn't go with what your color scheme is. If you what ebay, you will eventually find one.[/QUOTE

Yeah, since I haven't seen any brown rally steering wheel options in the catalogs I figured either eBay or a junkyard.. another question - what about the modern style bushings vs OEM rubber replacements? Will that stiffen up the 44+ year old bird? She's squeaky and leaky but she's mine...!

Thanks, after only seeing black rally steering wheel options in the catalogs then I figured either eBay or junkyard places. Darn, would love a new one.

Also, my Larky is squeaky... likely the rubber bushings are too worn? Will modern polypropylene ones correct that as well as tighten up the old bird's loose feel? Thx...

this is what I want..

There is one pictured in the holiday OPGI catalog but they don't sell it... see pic here, this is what I want... anybody?

Click Here for a Buick Skylark GS Steering Wheel

These wheels are commonly available as "Corvette" wheels, if you find one with another brand center, you would just have to watch for the Buick horn cap.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Will modern polypropylene ones correct that as well as tighten up the old bird's loose feel?

sheesh, just getting new rubber bushings would help a bunch. and yes, you can get poly bushings to make it even tighter. not sure you want to go that harsh though.

if it's been +20 years since this car has had a major suspension rebuild, the bushings are likely shot. possible the ball joints aren't so good either.

what do you mean by 'loose feel'? the steering tends to wander around? or the car just doesn't corner as aggressively as you would like it too?
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)