Thread: Virgin

Virgin

Hi,
    I'm an Aussie, stuck in Denmark, trying slowly(occasionally) to restore my 52 super convertible!
    I would really like to know if there is a register for the body data tag info, and hopefully gain any additional
    information on my vehicle other than that stated on the tag?
    Over the years I have scoured eBay and accumulated much info but still cannot find any references to a register?
    Hope someone out there can help!

G'day mate ;)

G'day, how's an Aussie get stuck in Denmark then? So what's this register your talking about and what sort of additional info do you want on your car anyway?
    In Australia myself with my 54 special. Cheers, Pete.

Someone is alive out there!!!

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE. I'm trying to find out if there is some sort of register stating all the models and body numbers of Buicks produced in 1952.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete54 View Post
    G'day, how's an Aussie get stuck in Denmark then? So what's this register your talking about and what sort of additional info do you want on your car anyway?
    In Australia myself with my 54 special. Cheers, Pete.

are you ... experienced?

http://www.teambuick.com/reference/years/52.php

we have a couple of members who can decode all body tag and build sheet info. you'll need to post a pic of the body tag or transcribe it, though.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Angry Any clod can work out that using the internet!

With some of my motor bikes and previous cars there have been international registers of the body numbers and model type. They normally also state
    countries of placement. Some even have complete manufacturers lists of frame numbers and types!
    I can't quite believe that one doesn't exist for these old Buicks????
    So if you are 'experienced', then you should know!

Quote Originally Posted by bob k. mando View Post
    are you ... experienced?

http://www.teambuick.com/reference/years/52.php

we have a couple of members who can decode all body tag and build sheet info. you'll need to post a pic of the body tag or transcribe it, though.

Any clod can work out that using the internet!

and yet, you still didn't post your trim tag like i suggested.

[ elbow in ribs ]

and no, Buicks don't have that on the internet. TeamBuick is, by far ( so far as i am aware ), the most thorough general Buick decoding site. and i've donated some significant pieces to the pile myself.

i think rivowners.org may have a bit more detail online ... but then, they're also much more specific in their interests.

there's also the Stage 1 registry, with the same "issue" as the Riviera people:
    http://stage1registry.com/

it's disappointing, but the truth is that Buicks are the red headed step children of the GM family, especially for collecting purposes. for collectable purposes, pretty much only the Riviera and the various sporty car incarnations ( v8 Gran Sport, t6 Grand National, possibly Reatta ) get any respect.

on the plus side, Buicks are the red headed step children of the GM family and if you want NOS or parts out of a junk yard, you can usually find them ... if you wait long enough.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Finally some answers!

Thanks for the more detailed info. When I find my tag I'll take this further!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bob k. mando View Post
    Any clod can work out that using the internet!

and yet, you still didn't post your trim tag like i suggested.

[ elbow in ribs ]

and no, Buicks don't have that on the internet. TeamBuick is, by far ( so far as i am aware ), the most thorough general Buick decoding site. and i've donated some significant pieces to the pile myself.

i think rivowners.org may have a bit more detail online ... but then, they're also much more specific in their interests.

there's also the Stage 1 registry, with the same "issue" as the Riviera people:
    http://stage1registry.com/

it's disappointing, but the truth is that Buicks are the red headed step children of the GM family, especially for collecting purposes. for collectable purposes, pretty much only the Riviera and the various sporty car incarnations ( v8 Gran Sport, t6 Grand National, possibly Reatta ) get any respect.

on the plus side, Buicks are the red headed step children of the GM family and if you want NOS or parts out of a junk yard, you can usually find them ... if you wait long enough.