From the Reference Section:
- Common engine dimensions

Thread: 455 Engine swap

455 Engine swap

I have a 1966 Le Sabre that I plan on installing a 1970 455 engine. I have found the engine motor mounts from TA but need to find a source for the frame pads and possibly some pictures of a ch***is with the engine removed and if possible some dimensions. Any help would be appreciated.

350 to 455 72 skylark swapp

Hey I'm new to the forum. I have a 72 Buick skylark with a 350 and I want to swapp in a 70 455 i plan on putting a 200-4r behind the motor. Please need help. will it be a direct fit ? Or what are the measurment also what gear ratio should I have in my diff. Thanks for the help.

and possibly some pictures of a ch***is with

the chassis manual doesn't look like it has dimensions, but it does have frame drawings.

http://www.teambuick.com/reference/l...chassis/20.php

I have a 72 Buick skylark with a 350 and I want to swapp in a 70 455 i plan on putting a 200-4r behind the motor. Please need help. will it be a direct fit ? Or

not quite, no. the 455 is a longer engine than the 350, although they are very similar width wise. you'll need a big block fan shroud in addition to BB frame pads and engine mounts.

iirc, the 200r4 is close to the same length as the TH350.

rear diff depends completely on how you want to use the car. you going to specialize on running the strip or do you want some highway cruisability? because those are completely opposite goals.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Quote Originally Posted by bob k. mando View Post
    and possibly some pictures of a ch***is with

the chassis manual doesn't look like it has dimensions, but it does have frame drawings.

http://www.teambuick.com/reference/l...chassis/20.php

I have a 72 Buick skylark with a 350 and I want to swapp in a 70 455 i plan on putting a 200-4r behind the motor. Please need help. will it be a direct fit ? Or

not quite, no. the 455 is a longer engine than the 350, although they are very similar width wise. you'll need a big block fan shroud in addition to BB frame pads and engine mounts.

iirc, the 200r4 is close to the same length as the TH350.

rear diff depends completely on how you want to use the car. you going to specialize on running the strip or do you want some highway cruisability? because those are completely opposite goals.
    I Posted a forum. It's 350 to 455 swapp. But I want to achieve atleast 400 Hp 350+ at the wheels and I drive normal town/highway. But I do want to do some fun peelers every here and there. So I'm not going for a full on strip performance build I just want to have fun with the big block.

But I do want to do some fun peelers every here and there. So I'm not going for a full on strip performance build I just want to have fun with the big block.

then you want to concentrate on torque not horsepower.

which is the Buick strong point anyways.

http://www.hotrod.com/events/coverag...-block-engine/
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

ooops, this is the article i wanted:
    http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/big-block-engines/
    Vladimir Lenin