- 1966 Wiring Diagrams
- 1967 Wiring Diagrams
- 1968 Wiring Diagrams
- 1972 Wiring Diagrams
- 1975 Wiring Diagrams

Thread: 1958 Buick Turn signal switch problem

1958 Buick Turn signal switch problem

i,

I´m from Germany and a owner from a 1958 Buick Special 4 door Sedan.

Sorry for my english hope everyone can understand me.

Today I saw that my turn signal switch for the right site is without function.

If I turn left, the green lamp in dash and lamps outsite are in funktion, but the switch go not back in starting position.

I must press the switch in that starting position and a little bit more as normal to the right site.

So, but on the right site no function, no green lamp in dash and no light outside.

If I use the emergency lamp switch, all lamps outside are in function.

What´s the problem?

Maybe the turn signal spring is broken?

Or the switch is broken?

How can I remove that turn signal spring or the switch?

In www.oldbuickparts.com I can buy a turn signal spring.

Thanks for help and a instruction to remove or repair.

Best regards
    dsxm

Hallo dsxm,
    Die Resonanz war ja eher bescheiden. Konntest du das Problem lösen? Scheint das mein 58er das gleiche Problem hat. Ich muss immer ganz schön mit dem Hebel rühren bis der Blinker geht.

Best regards Andre

Gesendet von meinem GT-N5110 mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Century1958 View Post
    Hallo dsxm,
    Die Resonanz war ja eher bescheiden. Konntest du das Problem lösen? Scheint das mein 58er das gleiche Problem hat. Ich muss immer ganz schön mit dem Hebel rühren bis der Blinker geht.

Best regards Andre

Guten Tag ,

Ja das Problem ist gelöst, der Ring war zerbrochen ich habe einen neuen bestellt den dann eingebaut .
    Außerdem kann man auf der Lenksäule unten durch das Lösen von zwei Schrauben die Einstellung genau Justieren .
    Alles ziemlich einfach, sofern man weiß wie es geht beschreibt mir deinen konkretes Problem und ich sage dir wie man es lösen kann.

dsxm

Hi, das Problem besteht darin, das ich immer öfter den Hebel nicht zun einrasten und blinken bekomme. Manchmal hilft es den Hebel etwas nach vorne zu drücken. Bilder für das Teil an der Lenksäule hab ich in einem anderen Forum http://www.1958buickforum.net/forums...693fb1e535dac7 bekommen, ich glaube aber das dass Problem unter dem Lenkrad sitzt. Werde es die Tage mal abbauen. Wo hattest du deinen Ring her? Bei Oldbuick gibts da nix mehr. Bezeichnung 1937410 ?

Smile

Hello dsmx,
    the Admin told me, we should better talk in english, so the other ones can follow the thread better! So i will translate our conversation:

Me: Hello dsxm,
    The response was so modest. Could you solve the problem? Seems that my '58 has the same problem. I always have quite the lever stir until the turn comes.

dsxm: Good day ,Yes the problem is resolved, the ring was broken, I have a new ordered to be installed.
    In addition, the setting can be seen on the steering column down by loosening two screws accurately adjust.
    All fairly easy, provided you know how to do it. Describe me your specific problem and I tell you how to fix it.

Me: Hi, the problem is that I get more and more often not lock and flashing the lever initially. Sometimes it helps to lever to push slightly forward. Images for the part on the steering column I got in another forum http://www.1958buickforum.net/forums...693fb1e535dac7, but I believe that that problem under the steering wheel sits. Will it degrade the day time. Where did you have your ring from? In Oldbuick da gibts nix more. Designation 1937410?

Regards André

yes

Hello dsmx,
    the Admin told me, we should better talk in english, so the other ones can follow the thread better! So i will translate our conversation:

The response was so modest. Could you solve the problem? Seems that my '58 has the same problem. I always have quite the lever stir until the turn comes.

dsxm: Good day ,Yes the problem is resolved, the ring was broken, I have a new ordered to be installed.
    In addition, the setting can be seen on the steering column down by loosening two screws accurately adjust.
    All fairly easy, provided you know how to do it. Describe me your specific problem and I tell you how to fix it.

Me: Hi, the problem is that I get more and more often not lock and flashing the lever initially. Sometimes it helps to lever to push slightly forward. Images for the part on the steering column I got in another forum http://www.1958buickforum.net/forums...693fb1e535dac7, but I believe that that problem under the steering wheel sits. Will it degrade the day time. Where did you have your ring from? In Oldbuick da gibts nix more. Designation 1937410?

Regards André
    sent me a PM I will help you

Hello dsmx,

Regards André

look here

http://www.autopartsobsolete.com/195...ncel-yoke.html

dsxm

Yeahh,
    sometimes you must have luck. Only the screw for that ring was loose . Will still clean and grease it yet.

Regards André