263 Head X-Sections
    - Building a High Performance Straight Eight
- Buick Straight Eight Lifter Adjustment
- Straight Eight Intake Manifold X-Sections
- Straight Eight Oil Supply Update
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My New 263

My New 263

I finally received my rebuilt 263 after 4 months, the extra wait mainly because of the cam regrind, but really not an issue as this is a really long term project. It is a stock rebuild with just about everything rebuilt or replaced. I am very pleased with the way it has turned out, can't wait to fire it up. The engine has a .040" overbore, Egge pistons, Hastings rings, reground cam, new Egge hydraulic lifters, new valves, springs, rocker shaft, timing chain, gears, main and rods, the list goes on and on. I will be using the twin carb manifold but with 2 2bbl throttle bodies and a Paxton supercharger, everything has been converted to 12V. Thanks to Long for the oil pump screen, mine was not useable and he had an excellent used one. I have attached some pictures from the start to the end.
    Pat
    Attached Images Attached Images

MAN .. !!
    congrats...It looks absolutely awesome !!

Im very curious about the Paxton on it .

Jenz
    '38 Special Coupe, pimped 263 cui
    ---- LIFTERS CC GERMANY ----

Thanks Jenz!
    I can't wait to get it running and see how it is with the supercharger, I will keep you posted.
    Pat

PAT!!!!
    Been two months . What is up. Hope you are having FUN.

What are you using for a dampner/pully and where did you get it. Cool looking piece.

Ben

Hi Ben,
    I would love to say it's up and running but would you believe I haven't touched it! I have gotten so busy with work that I haven't had a chance to get in the shop. Hopefully, I will be able to get back to it soon.
    The dual pulley on the crank is from a small block chevy and I had friend make up an aluminum spacer/adapter with reliefs for the original dampner so it would sit flat. The pulley bolts to the spacer with the 3 bolts and the whole assembly bolts on the crank with the center bolt.
    Hope you are having a good summer and having fun also.

Pat

pully

Pat, thanks for the reply. I understand about work, though it has been a few years.

I understood the adapter part and bolting the pulley to it. Having a hard time wrapping my mind around the center bolt tying the whole together. Just squeezing it together?

Thanks
    Ben

Ben,
    The adapter is T-shaped. The bottom portion of the adapter has a diameter that fits into the original dampner and length to also fit in the dampner. I want to say it is about 1 1/2" diameter x 1 3/4" Length, going by memory. The top portion of the adapter is about 5 1/2" diameter x 3/4" thick, also going by memory. Because the original dampner has bumps on the face we had to machine reliefs in the bottom of the adapter so it would sit flush. The adapter was drilled and tapped for the 3 holes, 3/8" x24" to have more threads to hold the pulley. The center hole of the adapter (thru hole) I think was about 7/8" to allow for the 3/4" crank bolt. The bolt now has to be longer (I think 3") than the original to fit the new length created by the adapter and has a large flat washer, probably 1 1/4" diameter that fits in the Chevy Pulley and tightens against it. I was thinking I may have to key the adapter to the crank but with the reliefs under the adapter capturing the bumps of the dampner I don't believe it will need to be keyed. I hope this makes sense. Also, if anyone is thinking about adding air conditioning, super charger or other component that requires an additional belt my friend has the program saved in his CNC and would be willing to make the adapter. I'm not sure of the cost but that can be discussed with him.

Pat

pulley

Thank you, Pat, I believe I understand. Too bad you do not have pictures. Do you? Anxious to see how it works.

Ben

Ben,
    I will try and dig up some pictures.
    Pat

Attached are the pictures of the Pulley adapter I am using to run the dual pulley for the supercharger with the stock dampner

Pat
    Attached Images Attached Images