Thread: Hello from... Poland

Hello from... Poland

Hi!

I am a big american cars fan from the centre of Europe, Poland. I regsitered here to receive some informations mainly, but, to be honest, I used to drive a Bucik. I had (well, still have - but waiting for servicing or selling it for scrap) 1990 Buick Skylark Custom 3.3 - it was my second american car. And first wchich looked truelly american - '89 Taurus and now-driven '94 Jeep GC look worse.

I knew this forum earlier, but I was mainly reading the portal. And once I said hello, I would like to ask first question, so I won't post another thread. I'm looking for the list of materials used for upholstery in 1950 Buick's, especially Roadmaster models. In spite of just being an AmCar fan I'm trying to prove it by writing papers about them in my language - and that's why I need this information.

Greets!

P.S. Sorry for my english. I wasn't writing in this language for very long period of time.

P.S. Sorry for my english. I wasn't writing in this language for very long period of time.

no worries. i guarantee that your English is better than my Polish.

I'm looking for the list of materials used for upholstery in 1950 Buick's

you mean, the codes stamped on the Trim Plate? or you're actually trying to find replacement upholstery?
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Polish grammar is real pain in the... You know For foreign people.

I meant, what the uphosltery was made of. Base, optional types of upholstery. For example vinyl, cloth... I've been looking in J. Flory's "American Cars 1946-1959 Year by Year" but there is no such info. I am interested strict in factory data

There is some info in the Reference section that may be what you want. Go to "Reference!" in the nav bar. Then look at he "Years" chart. Click on one then find "Trim Combination Chart".

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

I also have a more detailed trim code list posted here:

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/231704-...odes-by-model/
    Sean Smith
    BCA# 42746
    MBCC# 2122
    SAH# 4186
    Buickman Award 2015

1957 Special 4-door Riviera (hardtop) model 43