From the Reference Section:
- How to choose your new wheels and tires
- Buick Rallye Wheels
- Calculators: Tires, Gears, MPH, etc.
- Wheel Bearing Adjustment, 1963 - 1970

Thread: Coker American Classic 1.6' WhiteWall Tires

Coker American Classic 1.6' WhiteWall Tires

My front end of my 66 Buick Electra has an entire new front end, springs and shocks at all corners and I'm ready for some new tires. Does anyone have any real-world experience with these tires. I know many have the brand on their rides, but I am looking for actual driving experience, how they ride and long term quality and quality issues. I can pick up 5 of these for right at $1,000.00, the other brand I'm looking at is the Hankook Optima 24 but they do not have the wide whitewall. Any info that you can share concerning these tires is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ed

Do a search for "Diamond Back Classic's" They can make you ANYTHING you want.

Tom T.
    Tom Telesco
    Classic and Muscle Automotive
    12 Cook St.
    Norwalk, CT 06853-1601
    Day Phone 203-324-6045 ET
    NailHead Mini-Starters '53-'66
    Adjustable Roller Tip Rocker Arms - All NailHeads
    Custom forged pistons
    Front & rear neoprene seals
    Many other "Nail" parts
    "If I can't get it, you don't need it!"

I second Diamond Back

I bought a set a few years ago and have had no issues with the 3" wide whites. I wanted ww radials that were state of the art, fresh from the factory. I chose the Hankook because they came in a XL model which handles 50 psi. I get less radial bulge for a better bias look. I just wish they would have been made in the USA. Coker has the best looking OEM replacements but I know of owners who were disappointed that they didn't last longer.

Thanks Telriv and FuzzyDice...I took a look at what Diamondback has to offer and I called them. Great tires and they sound like great people to work with. Still deciding if I want to dig that deep for a set of their tires or buy some other brand right now and come back to these later. I can purchase a set of Hankook 724s with the 1' whitewalls balance and install for right a $500.00. The DBs are $230.00 for one. The savings right now can be used to have my transmission rebuilt.

EE

I would have a set of Firestone Destination LE-2 tires shaved at the letters... These tires are excellent..

I have quit a few friends who have had many issues with Coker tires, I wouldn't put them on my car even if they were free....