Thread: 1951 buick

1951 buick

good day to all I am a new member I have a 1951 Buick we live in MacKay Queensland Australia am having some trouble finding my stop light switch on this above car can any one help have looked on the brake cyl any help will be good thanks gray Spain

The brake light switch is located on the bottom by the master cylinder with two wires coming off of it.
    Tom Telesco
    Classic and Muscle Automotive
    12 Cook St.
    Norwalk, CT 06853-1601
    Day Phone 203-324-6045 ET
    NailHead Mini-Starters '53-'66
    Adjustable Roller Tip Rocker Arms - All NailHeads
    Custom forged pistons
    Front & rear neoprene seals
    Many other "Nail" parts
    "If I can't get it, you don't need it!"

brake light swich

Quote Originally Posted by telriv View Post
    The brake light switch is located on the bottom by the master cylinder with two wires coming off of it.
    I have looked on the master cyl it is located under the drivers side floor right hand side but there is no sign of it have u got a photo of one would be good thanks or I can take a photo of my cly it is a rod off the peddle to the cyl then hyd plunger to brakes thanks again any help is most welcome

brake light switch

I have looked on the hyd cylinder there is not one there it has a rod off the pedal to the hyd cylinder strait to the wheel cyl have u got a photo of one please thanks Gary

1951 buick

I have looked on the brake cyl with no luck it is located under the drives side floor it has rod off the pedal to the cyl then into the hyd cyl any photos would be much appreciated thanks Gary

Brake light switch.

Gary, look just in front of the cowl, driver side, on top of the frame. I am not sure on a '53, but I think there will be a junction block where the lines divide for front to back. The switch should be in that block, screwed into the top.

Ben

brake switch

Quote Originally Posted by firstofeight View Post
    Gary, look just in front of the cowl, driver side, on top of the frame. I am not sure on a '53, but I think there will be a junction block where the lines divide for front to back. The switch should be in that block, screwed into the top.

Ben
    thanks ben this car is a 1951 right hand drive it is a fisher body will have a look thanks again

not sure on RHD, but its on a junction block on top of frame rail. mine is just below steering shaft on left side.
    52 Special.
    Tin Militia CC

brake switch

thanks to all that have responded to my question its is located on left side on the chassis on my car thanks again to all.

brake switch

Quote Originally Posted by gary spain View Post
    thanks to all that have responded to my question its is located on left side on the chassis on my car thanks again to all.
    after much mucking around with brake switch and one day wasted it was easier to pull out the original rubber stop from floor place electric brake switch in this hole which works got constant power from dome light then back to brake lights on the fuse board all fixed hope this helps others thanks next question can any help me with where purchasing tee shirts with 1951 Buicks on them thanks Gary