From the Reference Section:

Thread: Thank you bob k. mando

Thank you bob k. mando

I have been trying to remember where I had seen an article on the old 231 turbo that the author had modified. Well you can't believe how surprised I was when I clicked on one of the forums you mentioned and there it was. I thank you sir for the Before Black site. It was driving me crazy trying to remember the site. (enter tab still no work) Yea, one of the first things I learned about the 231 is that it's 3/4 of the 350. (still no work) When I started looking for the turbo controller I realized that to make the car a daily driver I needed to get a powertrain that I could maintain a whole lot easier. When the weather warms up I hope to have figured out what to put in the car. Any and all ideas will be considered. (no work) When the ice melts around here I'll check the trans housing again and look to see if it's multi or not. The trans pan does indicate a 350. Thanks again.

you are very welcome.

if there's anything else we can do to help, let us know.

although most of us are going to twitch when you tell us you're converting to SBC ...

one of the first things I learned about the 231 is that it's 3/4 of the 350.

not quite. it's 3/4 of a Buick 300 ( which gives the displacement of one of the early Buick v6s, 225ci ) + the larger Buick 350 bore which is where the extra 6 cubes comes from.

the Buick 350 has a taller deck and flopped the valve order arrangement around from the earlier engines. the Buick v6s all stayed with the old valve order.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)