Thread: 1952 Water Pump

1952 Water Pump

Hi,
    Can anyone help me with the correct routing of the hoses coming off the water pump to the defroster and then to the under seat heater. The motor is a 1952 248 and the car is a 1947 Special Series 40.

I have posted this photo of the side of the water pump and have numbered the ports (not including the ports to the radiator).

Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images

Would this help:
    http://www.teambuick.com/reference/heater_hoses.php

The Chassis manual is also in the Reference area.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

heater hose

Quote Originally Posted by ailimac View Post
    Hi,
    Can anyone help me with the correct routing of the hoses coming off the water pump to the defroster and then to the under seat heater. The motor is a 1952 248 and the car is a 1947 Special Series 40.

I have posted this photo of the side of the water pump and have numbered the ports (not including the ports to the radiator).

Pete
    ailimac,
    Your engine cannot be a '52 248. Last 248 was '50. Therefor, a '50 or older OR a 263.

Just saying.

Ben

Yes Ben, you're correct, I made a typing error but what about the heating hose, any info on that?

heating hose

Quote Originally Posted by ailimac View Post
    Yes Ben, you're correct, I made a typing error but what about the heating hose, any info on that?
    It depends. If you have a standard tranny, use the diagram in the top left of Bobs link above. If a dynaflow, the one right below.

Ben

Thanks guys. Completely missed link provided. It appears I have a water pump for a Dynoflow but have a manual trans. The motor was originally coupled with a Dynoflow trans but I swapped the crank in order to use a manual. In all the info I recieved about swapping from Dynoflow to manual nobody ever mentioned that the water pumps would be different. Thanks again.
    Pete