Thread: Hello from Ireland!

Hello from Ireland!

Hi Guys,

Just popped in from the other side of the Atlantic to say HI!

I have a 1966 Buick Wildcat Custom Convertible that is my pride and joy.... is a single family owning car from new. She has a 401 Nailhead V8 and is an absolute beaut to drive...

Anyway, just joined up as I have to do some maintenance on the car so always good to connect with a bunch of fellow car fanatics who already know all the answers!

p.s. great site and looking forward to meeting some new friends...

Rowan.

IMG_8894.jpgIMG_5854.JPG292397_447334748634429_2056356938_n.jpg
    Last edited by sudo911; 09-02-2014 at 05:05 AM.

Beautiful car!!

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

very nice. don't let it get cobwebs from sitting.
    52 Special.
    Tin Militia CC

very nice.

any issues with the left hand drive? that's probably a big reason for choosing the convertible, yes?
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Quote Originally Posted by bob k. mando View Post
    very nice.

any issues with the left hand drive? that's probably a big reason for choosing the convertible, yes?
    Thanks for the welcome guys!

No, no real issues with the left hand drive.... thankfully cars that old are car testing exempt over here.... to be honest, it probably doesnt get as much time on the road as it should do (more weather related and fear of rust!) I'm working on it at the moment putting in a Pertronix digital ign conversion and new water pump so she's off the road for the moment.... I found a crack in one of the bolt holes on the cast alloy cover so I'm going to remove that and give it to a local guy in order to weld it up so that I can tap/die a new thread.

The only thing that annoys be about it is a slight vibration throughout the car when I get towards 60 - but I'm suspecting that's to do with the tyres - I probably have a flat spot on the radials due to her sitting about for long periods.....

R.