Thread: '62 Skylark on Ebay

'62 Skylark on Ebay

Guys, any advice on the '62 Skylark on ebay at $22,495 (6 cylinder convertible)? I can't cut and paste the link for some reason. I'm not a Buick guy...yet...but am very interested purchasing a '62 or '63 Skylark convertible.

What price do you feel is fair for this car as advertised? Does anybody have any experience with the seller, Robert Foster down in Saint Cloud, Florida? He seems to be fairly active selling classic cars on ebay and other sites (has a company called Dream Classics Inc (no website or anything).

Any advice/info would be invaluable to me. Thanks in advance everyone.

PS: Price seems $6,000 or so too high, no?

1965 Buick Special convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Martin View Post
    Guys, any advice on the '62 Skylark on ebay at $22,495 (6 cylinder convertible)? I can't cut and paste the link for some reason. I'm not a Buick guy...yet...but am very interested purchasing a '62 or '63 Skylark convertible.

What price do you feel is fair for this car as advertised? Does anybody have any experience with the seller, Robert Foster down in Saint Cloud, Florida? He seems to be fairly active selling classic cars on ebay and other sites (has a company called Dream Classics Inc (no website or anything).

Any advice/info would be invaluable to me. Thanks in advance everyone.

PS: Price seems $6,000 or so too high, no?
    Hi Mark, I seen your post about the car on ebay. The car must be completely restored for that price I would think. Anyway I have a 1965 Buick Special Convertible for sale at a very good price. It is a 225 v6, 94,000 miles, manual trans column shifter, lots of new parts. It is listed on www.collectorcars.com. There are a few pics of the car there. thanks Regi

Hi Regi,

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, the more and more I think about that '62 the more the price seems way too high. It has manual steering and manual brakes combined with it only having a 6 cylinder engine.

Anyway, you know, I'm only interested in the '62. One reason is the length of the car believe it or not. I have a two car garage with one classic on one side pretty much going from front to back. The side for another purchase really needs to be about 188" or less given the access needed around the car and in front of the car. I believe the size of the Skylark's increased somewhat dramatically after '62. I also need an automatic since my wife will be driving it part of the time.

Good luck with your sale.

- Mark

I forgot about the size difference. Good luck with your search. Regi6