Thread: 4 door seats in a 2 door hardtop?

4 door seats in a 2 door hardtop?

I have a 53 special 2DHT. I have been having trouble finding seats for the specific model. Will seats from a 4 door of the same year fit? Will seats from the 2 door sedan fit? (Not that I can find seats for the sedan). Our would seats from a Chevy, olds, Pontiac, or Cadillac fit? Doesn't realize Buick parts are so hard to find.

I can tell you that in '51 and '51, if you don't count the fold down armrest as different, there were only two sets of seats. One for the wide body, Super and Roadmaster, and one for the narrow body. I expect it is the same in '53. I don't know about Chev, Olds, Pont.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Don't all the 2 doors have split front seat backs that fold forward for rear seat entry whereas the four dr bench was fixed?

2 door sedan and hardtop will fit front and rear. Convertible will fit front only. 4 door rear can be used, but cushion will have rounded front corners.

51-53 Special
    51-53 Olds Super 88.
    52-53 Olds 88 and 98
    No Chev or Pontiac

Ray

Thanks for the replies guys. There is a junkyard I know of that has several 4 doors. I did hear that the 4 doors don't have the split front seat backs. But are the seat backs completely fixed? As in the seat backs won't lean forward at all?

I have never seen a 4 door seat back that would lean forward. Some AMC models used to have seat backs that would lean backward until they were horizontal to make a bed.

Ray

fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Specialnewbie53 View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. There is a junkyard I know of that has several 4 doors. I did hear that the 4 doors don't have the split front seat backs. But are the seat backs completely fixed? As in the seat backs won't lean forward at all?
    Yes. That is right.

Ben