From the Reference Section:
- Auto Refinishing, featuring Brian Martin
- Body Cross Reference,A,B,C...
- 1967 Hood Scoop Installation Pattern

Thread: 1950 stainless side trim, roadmaster ?

1950 stainless side trim, roadmaster ?

Just wanted clarification on this, seems to me that the only 50 buick that came with a spear that ran high and above the front wheel arch was the roadmaster.
    I obtained a full set for my sedanette 2dr ( full length spears down side ) and later on it occured to me that normally they run mid beltline and so the front should have been short.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

More stainless

Further to my original query I have just noticed on the picture of the 50 roadmaster I have that they also have stainless all around the windscreen like a 51 therefore the screen must be different as the roof on the 51 is lower at the screen top........is this correct?

I would expect the glass to be the same for the same body style across the years 50-53. However, it definitely does look like the 2 door fastback roof is lower than then others, so the glass would be correspondingly shorter.

Ray

Unclear

I have a picture of a 50 roadmaster and it doesn't have the same roof profile as a normal 50 sedan (or 2dr ), wish i could post the photos to help show this, but it is the same as a 51 , the normal 50 appears to be more bulbous..for want of a better word...HAVE JUST LOOKED ON EBAY and a 50 riviera has the same low roof as the roadmaster I refer to whereas my 2 door jetback has the higher roof/windscreen interface ??????
    Last edited by 49FLAMER; 08-08-2014 at 03:16 AM. Reason: NEW INFO

Which model are you working with?
    Series 50, 70 Cpe. '50 - early '51 share the same windshield.
    There were 4 different windshields in the '50 Models.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Two different 4 door bodies were used on Roadmasters in 50. You could have either a model 71 or a model 72, and they definitely have different rooflines and glass.

Ray

Thanks for the link!