- 1968 Wiring Diagrams
- 1972 Wiring Diagrams
- 1975 Wiring Diagrams
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car won't even turn over after a small front end collision

Car won't even turn over after a small front end collision

2014 Buick Verano

not much info to go on.

most modern cars have an inertial switch which must be reset after a wreck, although i was only aware of them disabling the fuel pump. check your owners manual or call your dealer.

are you getting power to the dash?
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Yes i get all power but when you push the button to start it dash goes black kinda like a bad battery connection. But it good and fully charged

Yes getting power but when you push the button to start the dash goes black kinda like a bad battery or connection issue but its fully charged and connections appear to be good i believe it to be a safety issue

Guarantee a bad connection at the battery. Easy to take apart & check. Doesn't cost any $$$$. Even though they may appear to look OK corrosion can be internal. Again, no $$$ just a small amount of time before wasting time & $$$.
    Just my thoughts.

Tom T.
    Tom Telesco
    Classic and Muscle Automotive
    12 Cook St.
    Norwalk, CT 06853-1601
    Day Phone 203-324-6045 ET
    NailHead Mini-Starters '53-'66
    Adjustable Roller Tip Rocker Arms - All NailHeads
    Custom forged pistons
    Front & rear neoprene seals
    Many other "Nail" parts
    "If I can't get it, you don't need it!"

Code is u0100 which says bad ecm or connection. I hate to throw a computer at it

welp, i'd try running through and re-seating connectors and cleaning the battery terminals.

isn't a 2014 still under warranty?

if it's under warranty, you really need to make the dealer fix this. you get in there messing around and they may try and blame you for whatever is wrong.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Ok well this is my first time on one of these pages and i guess i typed information in the wrong spot i bought the car wrecked so now it has a salvage title but it was hit lightly in the front although it was hard enough to set off the driver's wheel bag

one of the big problems with a 2014 is that there won't be any service manuals for sale on this model for a couple of years yet. if you want one, you'll have to order one from GM ... probably pretty pricey.

Chilton, for instance, doesn't have a manual for ANY model GM newer than 2011. 2012 being the first model year for the Verano, this kinda leaves you swinging in the breeze.

it appears to share platforms with the Chevy Cruze, so the 2011 Cruze is going to be the closest that you'll be able to get ( with Chilton ) right now:
    http://repair.chiltondiy.com/Pub/DIY...Repair&b=96739

Haynes is the other major aftermarket manual retailer.

when dealing with electrical systems, eliminate as much extraneous crap as possible.

as i said, make certain that inertial safety switch is reset before you do anything else.

then, the onboard computer may have a software safety if there is no driver airbag ... replace that.

then, verify that the starter is actually functional
    1 - disconnect the car battery
    2 - put the car up on stands, in park or neutral
    3 - using a standalone battery and jumper cables, jumper straight to the starter ( +12v to the solenoid input ) and engine block ( ground ) and see if it kicks over

there WILL be a big spark if you test the starter this way. that's not a big deal. the big deal is not to have the car in drive, so it doesn't run over you.

you can also pull the starter off of the car and carry it in to many auto parts shops. they often have test fixtures for starters and alternators that you can use for free. call ahead to find the store in your area that can do this.

repeat test, only this time to the BATT side of the starter solenoid and using something else to jumper across the ign switching ( trash screw driver or another jumper cable or something ).

once the starter + solenoid is verified good, then clean and resecure the battery terminals on the car as previously discussed for all connections from the battery tray to the starter.

if that doesn't fix the issue, go through and reseat all the connectors you can get your hands on, especially for the firewall and the ECM.

if that STILL doesn't get it going, i'm afraid you're probably going to have to spring for software and a laptop interface.

either that, or make buddies with a local GM mechanic and take him a case of beer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_Verano
    Vladimir Lenin

Thank you for all your help!! I put a code reader on it last night and the only code i got was u0100 and from what i read that doesn't look good