From the Reference Section:
- How to choose your new wheels and tires
- Buick Rallye Wheels
- Calculators: Tires, Gears, MPH, etc.
- Wheel Bearing Adjustment, 1963 - 1970

Thread: How do you stow the jack in the trunk on a 1967 GS400?

How do you stow the jack in the trunk on a 1967 GS400?

Funny as it may sound, I can't figure out how to stow the jack assembly in the trunk of my 1967 Buick GS400. Looks like all the original parts are still there. I know that in some GM cars the jack went under the spare tire, but when I did that in my car it looks pretty awkward. In another decal of the time (see attached) it looks like the jack is secured by straps to the side of the spare, although don't see space for that in my trunk. Can somebody please clarify and maybe send a photo or two showing how the spare and jack should be stowed correctly in a 1967 Buick GS400?
    Many thanks

Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rick A.

jack stowage

I know your post is 5 month old but here goes. First I don't know how to send pics so
    I'll attempt to explain how mine is in my '67 GS-340 and was in my '67 Skylark. The jack shaft and mechanism lay parallel with the bumper just inside the right side of the trunk up against the spare tire with the mechanism part facing the right quarter. There should be three half round clips, one longer than the other two, welded to the trunk pan. There is a spring approximately 18 inches long with a loop on either end which hooks onto one clip, wraps around the jack shaft goes under the longer clip and loops over the third clip. This holds the main jack parts in place. The lug wrench slides under the spring and lays along the jack shaft. With the spare tire in, and the J-hook installed, place the jack stand base with the shaft nub down over the hook and into the center hole of the wheel. Place the bumper hook over that and secure with the wing nut. Place cardboard cover over tire and install the V shaped cone that holds the board in place. Hope you get this and it helps.