Thread: Preacher

Preacher

Hi guys & gal's. I have a 56 Buick 4 door hard top, It is a nice car, I also have a 215 engine 63 4 bbl. I need an adptor to fit it to a 700r4. Have a great day. Preacher

I also have a 215 engine 63 4 bbl. I need an adptor to fit it to a 700r4.

D&D has one, but it's only for manual transmissions.
    http://www.aluminumv8.com/

i would check out the Land Rover guys. their 3.5L v8 is the same as your 215, except dimensioned to metric specs. Land Rover was using that bell housing pattern up to at least 2004, so i'm sure some nut job has adapted a Rover engine to the GM standard pattern at some time or other.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Bendtsen's makes an adapter for the aluminum V-8. You will have to decide for yourself whether it is worth the price they are asking.

http://www.transmissionadapters.com/Pricing.htm

Ray

trans adapters

Quote Originally Posted by preacher View Post
    Hi guys & gal's. I have a 56 Buick 4 door hard top, It is a nice car, I also have a 215 engine 63 4 bbl. I need an adptor to fit it to a 700r4. Have a great day. Preacher
    I sell all the trans adapters, I am dealer for many companies and one is Bendtsen, If you buy from me I pay the shipping anywhere in the lower 48.. Russ

Quote Originally Posted by buickrodder View Post
    I sell all the trans adapters, I am dealer for many companies and one is Bendtsen, If you buy from me I pay the shipping anywhere in the lower 48.. Russ
    Use a 200r4. Has dual pattern and worked awesome in my 67 Special wagon.

The 61-63 aluminum V-8 had its own unique bolt pattern not shared with anything else except the 62-63 V-6. The only automatics which will bolt up without an adapter are the Buick Dual Path and the 61-63 Olds F-85 Roto-Hydramatic.

Ray

Sorry, I forgot about the Land Rover aluminum V-8. It also has the same bolt pattern, so an automatic from one of those should work too.

Ray

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_4HP22_transmission. This tranny from ā rwd car whith the bellhouse from a Range Rover . You have to mod the center in the crankaxel the center hole is bigger on the Buick motor. Take the a 3.9 EFI from a Range Rover. We use the RRC motor in the -63 Buick special convertible with the original DP tranny. I hope you anderstand something . This is the first time ever i tryed to whrite som thing in a american forum. Göran i Björnarbo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you Ghosta. Your post is very helpful. I didn't know anything about the ZF automatic before now, but I figured it has to be better than the Roto-Hydramatic. I had a Jetfire with a Roto which never worked right so I replaced it with a Dual Path which was a lot better, but I would have liked to have more than just two speeds.

Ray

Hello this is the secondtime i whrite something on a american forum . The ZF 4HP22 it's a lot bigger than the original Dual Path . You need a bigger trans tunnel ??? I got some idees off monting RR 3.9efi and a ZF 4hp22 in my -62 wagon. But i'v not done it yet. But vi got a long winter in Scandinavian . Göran i Björnarbo