Thread: 1952 Roadmaster brake lines

1952 Roadmaster brake lines

I need to replace ALL brake lines/hoses on my 52 Roadmaster. My interest has been piqued for something like inline tubing stainless steel kit.
    My question is: How hard of an install would this be to do with the body on the car? This kit is north of $170 so i don't want to contort a nice brake line just to get it to fit. Anyone done brake lines on something like this? How did it go? Thanks , Matt.

Hard to get a response here sometimes. Go on over to AACA postwar Buick and ask the guys over there. I remember reading a post over there about this same question last summer so do a search. Good luck.
    Thanks in Advance!

David

Born Buick - " I like things just the way they were and drive-em just the way they are "

Personally, I don't expect a classic car to ever see the road conditions or extent of driving that the new car had, so my choice is plain brake tubing.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

I have a 52 Buick Super. I bought all my brake line from NAPA, gave me an excuse to buy a few tools. I removed the old stuff, used it for patterns and installed the new lines. Did this 25+ years ago. The brake line from NAPA still looks new. I used the brake line called Bundy Flex. It was quite flexible. You can bend it easily with your hands if you want to. Not many people look under your car to inspect the brake line installation. Safety is the biggest concern.

Here is a little info regarding Bundy Lines. Apparently Bundy was purchased in the 80's by an English Company named TI …. an No affliction to Al Bundy from Married With Children T.V. Show- Thank God.

http://www.safebraking.com/why-do-br...his-bundy-guy/
    Thanks in Advance!

David

Born Buick - " I like things just the way they were and drive-em just the way they are "

Wow!!!BornBuick I never knew any of that. Imagine that technique for manufacturing the brake lines developed almost 100 years ago. They really had their act together!!!! Bet they did not get that idea from a horse drawn wagon. Maybe a Buick wagon.