Thread: Greetings from Independence, MO with another 85 Le Sabre Collectors Edition

Greetings from Independence, MO with another 85 Le Sabre Collectors Edition

Not sure how to introduce myself but let's just say that I'm an old Buick guy who has a pronounced tendency to adopt middle aged survivors!

I've owned several Buicks in my time - first was a '73 Skylark that I bought from my Father.... Drove it for a couple of years, sold and bought a '76 Electra 225 coupe - which I had for around 5 years and one cam job. When it came time for the second one (50,000 miles more) I sold the car. That experience sort of soured me on the brand until a 8 years ago (I was between careers) and my wife thought I might make a better impression on prospective employers if I didn't drive my rusty 'ol '84 Ford F250 p/u. So, I found an ad in a local paper for a 85 Le Sabre Collectors Edition coupe that had 38,000 miles on it and an OLDSMOBILE 307 V-8. Other than a power seat and radio there were no other options on the car. I fell in LOVE and brought 'Goldie' home to a wife who thought she was too young to ride in a Buick. It took me 6 years to get her in the car for a ride and since that time she's been very supportive and has begun to understand my bond to this 'other woman' that I was constantly rubbing on!

Fast forward to 2014, my brother passed and he had been given our Dad's 91 Regal Limited. Since I am his only heir, the car has come to live at my house and I'm working on the 'clean up' almost daily. Seems that he didn't have quite the respect for the 'ol girl that I do so it's going to take a while to raise her to my standards. The sad news is the circumstances that she came to me but the best news is that she's still in the family.

I work on the cars as time allows (I'm OLD but I'm still working - 'cause I truly like my job!) and enjoy visiting the forums - adding what little I know to the mix. Soooo, I ask that everyone be patient with me; I'm learning (or in some cases - re-learning) my love of working on cars - although these days it tends to have some residual pain but I love it just the same!

I'll get some pictures up when my post count goes up a bit (or I jar loose with $12.00!) but in the meantime, I'll probably be lurking more than posting!

welcome, welcome.

did you have a 350 Electra or did you splurge for the 455?
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

WELCOME ABOARD!!!! And remember, "it's all about having FUN!!!!!

Tom T.
    Tom Telesco
    Classic and Muscle Automotive
    12 Cook St.
    Norwalk, CT 06853-1601
    Day Phone 203-324-6045 ET
    NailHead Mini-Starters '53-'66
    Adjustable Roller Tip Rocker Arms - All NailHeads
    Custom forged pistons
    Front & rear neoprene seals
    Many other "Nail" parts
    "If I can't get it, you don't need it!"

Quote Originally Posted by bob k. mando View Post
    welcome, welcome.

did you have a 350 Electra or did you splurge for the 455?
    IT was a 350 - with a Quadrajet..... Didn't get bad fuel mileage IF you kept your foot out of the secondaries but......

As I mentioned, it was a cam eating fool and a couple of weeks ago a guy told me that with those engines you had to 'match' the oil galleys in the cam bearings to the galleys in the block.... learned that about 35 years too late I guess but learning is learning!!