Hi there , I'm brand new to this forum so pardon any mistakes. I have owned a BigBlackBeautiful 57 Super for 34 yrs. Take it from me 57s are one of the most difficult classics to own in terms of restoration. I read a post from a member trying to remove the master cylinder of his 57. Yes there is a huge 2" plus very skinny nut inside the car behind the brake pedal mechanism. hope I'm not too late. Do not remove the steering column. For a couple weeks I covered the carpet and applied PBS penetrating oil to the large nut and treads. I then used a 16-18"flat head screwdriver(a long chisel would be better) & 22 oz. hammer to make a notch or two on the flats or sides of the nut angling the screw driver straight into the nut. Now with an angle more in line with the side of the nut I held the end of the driver in the notches and using steady firm taps I was able to coax the nut around. Make sure the mounting bolts are still in place before you do this!They will take the weight off the large nut and threaded portion of the cylinder. Look in your master chassis repair manual. It states to remove the clovis pins and hardware that hold the brake pedal in a knee action position. This is not a difficult step. It gives better access to the large nut and allows removal of the cylinder.