Thread: 1970 Electra 225 / 1969 Skylark

1970 Electra 225 / 1969 Skylark

Hi All, I'm new to this forum and thought I'd share what I've got going in the Buick world. I'm currently working on a '69 Skylark, very nice interior and body, with the exception of the trunk. The back glass leaked, so I'm burning in new trunk pans and braces, along with about 2 feet of trunk seal lip.. Going well, and hope to be ready for prime next week.

The Skylark has a 1973 Buick 350 in it which just isn't going to work for what I want, so I just purchased a 1970 Electra 225 4 dr with the original high-comp 455. Will be building and dropping the Electra 455 into the Skylark, but need to get rid of the '73 350, as well as the Electra body / interior. Does anyone out there have a feel for the market on '70 Electra parts or a '73 350? I'll have a great 225 body, no rust, along with interior / electrical items, glass, running gear, bumpers, badging, etc., all in great shape. Any suggestions on how to market these parts to the Buick community would be much appreciated. I haven't figured out how to post classifieds on this forum yet, but will figure it out and start posting parts soon.

you saw the classifieds button at the top of the forum, yes?

if you're going to strip the car down, you can probably finish it off by selling it to a demo derby guy. they love those big old tanks. and they usually put a SBC in them anyways.

i think the rear end in that is going to be an 9 3/8" ring gear for which parts ( aside from bearings and seals ) are no longer sold. if it's a posi unit, you can probably get some money for that. if for some reason you've got a +3 ratio in the rear end there should definitely be interest in it.

is the 350 2 or 4 barrel?

where are you?
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

'70 Electra 225

Bob,
    Yup, I saw the classified button, but I can't see where it gives me an option to post an ad?

The 350 is a 2bbl, runs great and all, just going to be way underpowered for what I want. I'm down by Wichita Ks.

Just back from picking up the Electra, man does that 455 sound and run great! Going to be a lot of fun once it's in the Skylark. Agree on the rear end, I'll check that tomorrow. I'd have to assume that they'll be a market for other stuff like the power seat and window motors, cruise, tilt column, etc etc? I expect you're right, once I've stripped it down, it will be off to the demo derby...

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Thanks1

Thanks much, appreciate the help!