Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cost for the rebuild of a 4.9L 300 V8 engine

I just found this company that sells radiator's. http://www.coolcraft.com/

Quote Originally Posted by maseusmc View Post
    The original transmission lines are not long enough to contact. What are some options I have at this point? Take it back and buy a different radiator?
    That sounds pretty drastic if you like the radiator otherwise. It would probably be easier to make up some line extensions. Parts stores sell short lengths of tubing already flared with nuts on them. Get those in the lengths you need along with a pair of inverted flare couplings.

Ray

So, I'm learning a lot these last few weeks about my new radiator. Number 1 I'm returning it to the place I bought it from. I did however learn how to flare, bend line, and a lot about car and myself. I need a plug and screw radiator for this car. I figured out that for the cost of new tools and the labor I have put into this radiator alone, I could have bought a radiator that's an original fitting vice custom fitting. That's the route that I'm. I found this one http://www.rndfabrication.com/ABodyearly.html. Before I buy it, has anyone else bought this item?

Gunny G

I was going to suggest alumitech reproductions, but I am afraid they may have dissappeared! I have one of their aluminum rads and it is a perfect match for oem, but in aluminum. They should have had a great future!

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

thanks Bob. Your correct they are out business. I'm going to pray that one shows up to my door step ready to be installed.

Quote Originally Posted by maseusmc View Post
    I found this one http://www.rndfabrication.com/ABodyearly.html. Before I buy it, has anyone else bought this item?
    I just saw this thread and wanted to post a reply. The radiators we build are all hand made, to order, built right here in the USA. We TIG weld everything, and there is never any epoxy or glue used in our radiators. We developed these to be a bolt in upgrade that fits in the stock location. Also, we make them for any engine swap with correct port locations, and include a built-in trans cooler at no additional cost. Lastly, we offer a discount for forum members (be sure to mention you found us on this forum when ordering). Thanks!