Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going backwards

Quote Originally Posted by bob k. mando View Post
    your 01 Le Sabre has a Series 2 3800 v6.

the 96-99 Riviera came with a Supercharged Series 2 3800 that put out 240hp / 280tq. that's a pretty good step up from your 205hp / 230tq.

making that swap would be beneficial for your performance and might get some attention, especially if you put Riv style 'Supercharged' tags on the car.
    That's true, but it still won't get much attention from the Muscle Car guys or Hot Rod guys (or most people) as it's a FWD sedan that looks like Grandma's car. Not giving a crap what people think is the most economical solution.

since when has hot rodding EVER been about 'the most economical solution'?
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

since when has hot rodding EVER been about 'the most economical solution'?
    ...Since it began and was about using what you could get the cheapest to go faster....

...Since it began and was about using what you could get the cheapest to go faster....

and yet, THAT is NOT the 'most economical' solution. because it REQUIRES you to invest time and money into the car in order to change it.

the 'most economical' situation in EVERY case is one of two solutions:
    1 - leave the car as is
    2 - scrap the car out ( 98% of restoration jobs will lose money vs resale value )

you're going to tell me that this car was done 'more economically'?

http://image.hotrod.com/f/eventcover...om_cars%2B.jpg

go on, pull the other one.
    Last edited by bob k. mando; 10-25-2013 at 09:48 AM.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

and yet, THAT is NOT the 'most economical' solution. because it REQUIRES you to invest time and money into the car in order to change it.

the 'most economical' situation in EVERY case is one of two solutions:
    1 - leave the car as is
    2 - scrap the car out ( 98% of restoration jobs will lose money vs resale value )

you're going to tell me that this car was done 'more economically'?

http://image.hotrod.com/f/eventcover...om_cars%2B.jpg

go on, pull the other one.

It seems like you're picking a fight here because you're reading what you want to hear. What I said was that the most economical solution is to do the car as he wants it, rather than worrying about what others think of it.

At no point did I say there aren't $400,000 hot rods out there, but that isn't what Hot Rodding was founded on (and what I was talking about). It was founded on improving the performance of your car with whatever you could get for cheap or free. I.E., the most economical.