Thread: Carolina GS?

Carolina GS?

Hello all,

New to the forum here and I have a question I hope someone can help me with. I was an auto mechanic at a local South Carolina Buick dealership many years ago and while there I picked up several Carolina GS emblems\scripts that were about to be tossed. I think these were used on special GS cars back in 1968 or 1969. Can anyone here offer any information about these cars and whether or not there is a demand for the script?

Thanks.

Eddie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Same answer you got over on V8BUICK. They were all Specials with the GS California package that the dealer had Carolina scripts made & swapped for the Ca emblems.I doubt there is much of a market unless you find someone with a "legit" Carolina GS,or the tribute guys looking to be different.How many do you have?
    JAMIE MCCLINTON
    STARTER/ALTERNATOR/GENERATOR REBUILDER SINCE 1979
    selling buick mini starters & alternators
    startncharge@rocketmail.com
    65 Special convertible
    69 Special Deluxe
    Lost to garage fire:
    69 cali GS
    72 Suncoupe

Carolina GS?

Quote Originally Posted by 65specialconvert View Post
    Same answer you got over on V8BUICK. They were all Specials with the GS California package that the dealer had Carolina scripts made & swapped for the Ca emblems.I doubt there is much of a market unless you find someone with a "legit" Carolina GS,or the tribute guys looking to be different.How many do you have?
    Yeah, after searching the web for a while and not finding anything solid about the Carolina GS, I thought I'd post on some of the forums dedicated to Buicks and see if anyone could offer any insight. It seems no one has any real knowledge about the Carolina or Colorado GS other than they were dealer knockoffs of the California GS.

I have three emblems. I'm not even sure of the proper placement of these things but I'm assuming there would've only two per vehicle - one on each quarter panel. Maybe another on the deck lid, maybe not?

I've never seen any other than the ones I have.

Thanks for the input.

Post Carolina GS

I live in Greenville SC. I've never seen these b4. MY Skylark is a 1969 Custom from Michigan. This said, I'd consider buying them from you for a fair price. Let me know.
    ~Marc marc1010@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.B View Post
    I live in Greenville SC. I've never seen these b4. MY Skylark is a 1969 Custom from Michigan. This said, I'd consider buying them from you for a fair price. Let me know.
    ~Marc marc1010@hotmail.com
    Marc,

I appreciate your interest, but I've already sold two of the emblems on ebay. I plan on keeping the third one.

Same idea as the Colorado.Never seen anyone claim a documented Carolina,but they do exist.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JAMIE MCCLINTON
    STARTER/ALTERNATOR/GENERATOR REBUILDER SINCE 1979
    selling buick mini starters & alternators
    startncharge@rocketmail.com
    65 Special convertible
    69 Special Deluxe
    Lost to garage fire:
    69 cali GS
    72 Suncoupe