Thread: New owner 1966 skylark

New owner 1966 skylark

Hello everyone. Just purchased my very first Buick. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. It is in rough shape, but is all original. Engine and transmission original, all glass in perfect shape. I am baffled by the engine. It is turquoise. And has duel exhaust, And for the life of me reading all these threads I can not tell what engine it has in it. However I do know it is a sport coupe hard top. That much I got from the VIN and information on here. Can anyone help me figure out what engine this ol girl has in it? Tell me what you need or direct me where to go! Thank you

If it has a 2 barrel carburetor and is greenish, it should be a 300 engine and ST 300 transmission. Look for the two letter engine code location and code as described in our reference section. That will tell you where to find it and what it is for sure.
    Steve B.

67 GS 525 Buick Stage IV
    66 GS Convertible
    65 GS HT
    63 Riv
    02 Subaru WRX Turbo
    03 Ford Cobra Convertible (Factory Supercharged)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Frankenbuick View Post
    If it has a 2 barrel carburetor and is greenish, it should be a 300 engine and ST 300 transmission. Look for the two letter engine code location and code as described in our reference section. That will tell you where to find it and what it is for sure.
    you were spot on Steve found a intake number.. it is sure enough a 300 thank you !

Shannon,

The 300 is a nice running engine that will move that car around without difficulty. When you are ready for more power, there is a 65 300 4 bbl intake and a turbo 350 or 2004R overdrive trans that will fit without many obstacles.
    Last edited by Dr. Frankenbuick; 09-27-2013 at 03:32 PM.
    Steve B.

67 GS 525 Buick Stage IV
    66 GS Convertible
    65 GS HT
    63 Riv
    02 Subaru WRX Turbo
    03 Ford Cobra Convertible (Factory Supercharged)

You can find more information on your car and identifying the motor in the reference section of the site

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!