From the Reference Section:
- Auto Refinishing, featuring Brian Martin
- Body Cross Reference,A,B,C...
- 1967 Hood Scoop Installation Pattern

Thread: 63 Riv Deck lid trim clips for BUICK letters - sourced from where?

63 Riv Deck lid trim clips for BUICK letters - sourced from where?

The subject says it all. Old Buick parts - CARS doesn't have them. Looks like a square clip inserted from exterior. Anyone have a source and part number? I'd rather not resort to a glob of silicone muck.
    Thanks,
    Deano K.
    63 Riv
    ROA - yes

When I had finished removing all the little push on 5/16ths nuts off all the tits, to remove the chrome
    on my 64 Wildcat, I decided I would find a better way of reattaching the chrome and letters.
    As you know, getting to those little buggers with a socket or wrench is no easy task.
    I tried a couple sizes of vacuum hose; cut into one inch pieces, slipped them over the tits.
    I did this in 2005, have yet to have any of it come loose. - I've driven the Wildcat coast to coast
    twice since

I think we are talking about apples and oranges here. On the Riviera there is no access to the back of the panel. The clips feed in from the outside and spread out when the studs on each letter are inserted.
    The "I" in Buick is a special case. I found some clips at Napa that work pretty well and used some 3M trim adhesive glue on the "I".

Oh yea, OK...
    I got some of those from somewhere - can't remember offhand, but when I went to use them found that they were too big.
    I saw an advertiement for nylon ones, can't remember where either.
    what key words have you used to search for them?

I never found anything on line that did me any good using any search term. I talked to CARS and OPG on the phone to see what they might have hidden away but both said "Nobody makes these"
    The NAPA clips I used were offered in packs of 10 I believe, and were a generic solution.

I wonder if Wheatbelt Buick, in Oklahoma would pull some off one of their Buicks for you
    I don't have their number offhand

Thanks, but I'm good. The Napa sourced clips worked fine for 4 out of 5 "BUICK" letters and I used Scotch 3M trim adhesive to attach the remaining "I".