From the Reference Section:
- Buick Cams from Kenne Bell, 215,300, 340
- Buick 300/340 Casting Numbers
- 215 sports car and Indy racing
    - Affordable Aluminum V-8's
- Buick 215 Engine Specifications
- Buick 300, 340 Engine Specifications
- How To Hot Rod Any Engine – Engine Tech

Thread: 1966 Buick skylark 300CID Exhaust kit ?

1966 Buick skylark 300CID Exhaust kit ?

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for a dual exhaust kit for my little 300CID 4.9L V8 Buick Skylark engine.
    The difficult point to me it's to find a complete dual exhaust kit that fit on the old standard headers !
    Can you give me perhaps a good online shop where they have a kit like this ?

Because I have no possibilities to twist or solder the pipe between the old headers and the mufflers.
    I hope you understand my bad english, sorry.

Best regards all
    Vincent

What you are going to have to do is just get a dual exhaust system for a '66 Skylark, then install it. Then cut the header pipe off the old system and fit it to the new pipes. You can purchase names similar to "American Thunder".

You could also take the car to a muffler shop and ask them to build you a system.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Hello Bob,

Not so easy because actually I have a single exhaust system and I can't use and cut the driver left header pipe because it goes on the right to the other header pipe : (

In switzerland the police is very strict on the cars exhaust system so I want to keep this single exhaust system when I must pass the technical check of the car !

So finally I always need two header pipes or a complete dual exhaust kit for my two old headers ....

Can you give me another tips or idea ?

Thanks lot for your help !

difficult point to me it's to find a complete dual exhaust kit that fit on the old standard headers !

you mean the factory exhaust manifolds? "headers" and "exhaust manifolds" are two very different things, although i'll grant you that the Rover / 1st/2nd gen Buick small block exh manifolds come about as close to real headers as you're going to get.

if you didn't know, the British Land Rover v8 engines are all based off of the 215ci / 3.5L Buick v8 of 1961-63.

that's actually where i'd go looking for a dual exh for your car, your local Rover aftermarket guy. show him your engine, he'll probably be confused as to why the block, head and intake are cast iron but otherwise he'll 'know' exactly what he's looking at.

your 300ci is the "2nd gen" version of the small block Buick and has a taller deck than the Rover engines. this may or may not cause some minor fitment issues with the exhaust but it should still be easy to adapt them.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Thanks a lot for your answers.

In fact I need the two "down pipe" between the two original headers of my 300CID and a standard dual exhaust kit for my Buick.
    There is a lot of dual exhaust kit for the GM a-body.But never the down pipes with it....
    Perhaps someone has already bought similar down pipe ?