Thread: Where is my post?

Where is my post?

I joined this morning, after a several year abscence from Buicks. As of now My postin the welcome forum has yet to appear. Why so long to get them ok'd?
    Last edited by 1969 Le Sabre; 04-12-2013 at 11:36 AM.

You got caught up in the new spam protector

Your post is now up. It probably went into moderation because of the image. It's a new experience for the site too. I'm not even sure how the moderation flows and the only reason it is up now is because of this posting causing me to look...

The first two posts of a new user are go through an automated moderation, and if they fail, they go to a manual moderation. The way they find themselves in the moderation que is by posting attachments and links.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    You got caught up in the new spam protector

Your post is now up. It probably went into moderation because of the image. It's a new experience for the site too. I'm not even sure how the moderation flows and the only reason it is up now is because of this posting causing me to look...

The first two posts of a new user are go through an automated moderation, and if they fail, they go to a manual moderation. The way they find themselves in the moderation que is by posting attachments and links.
    Just checked, and it's not showing in the welcome forum yet

I dont see it either Bob
    JAMIE MCCLINTON
    STARTER/ALTERNATOR/GENERATOR REBUILDER SINCE 1979
    selling buick mini starters & alternators
    startncharge@rocketmail.com
    65 Special convertible
    69 Special Deluxe
    Lost to garage fire:
    69 cali GS
    72 Suncoupe

You're right, I don't see it either! And I don't see it in the moderation either! Maybe I accidentally did something wrong when I was trying to fix it Please make the posting again and it probably won't need moderation now, and if it does I'll try not to screw it up again....

I guess you're a guinea pig

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Worked this time, thanks Bob

I would like to take credit, but I am afraid it is successful only because you have made enough postings to get past the anti spam. This may not help other new users

I am having the same problem my first post got put up and I can't reply to it. I have tried twice once with a picture and once without. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by 53 buick special View Post
    I am having the same problem my first post got put up and I can't reply to it. I have tried twice once with a picture and once without. Help!
    The first five posts are moderated to protect from spam. We had it bad a while back. That means that one of the Mods has to review it, then approve it. There are any number of us looking at them for approval. I usually look in the am and at night once a day. Once you hit five, you are off on your own!
    Steve B.

67 GS 525 Buick Stage IV
    66 GS Convertible
    65 GS HT
    63 Riv
    02 Subaru WRX Turbo
    03 Ford Cobra Convertible (Factory Supercharged)

Thank you for letting me know I couldn't find any were on the forum that explained that.