Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi and hello from Germany combined with an urgent question

quite the predicament, Wolfgang

I am a Canadian born, but German speaking bilingual. When I was over in Germany it amazed me how many American cars were there, and upon inquiring found out that the U.S army soldiers brought them over, but couldn't afford to bring them back. My 'Vati' or Dad had one of those Buicks, but a 2-dr hardtop. I bought a 65 wildcat and He later b ought a 66 Wildcat. If we can figure out how to get a nailhead motor to you, it may be a wonderful conclusion to your dilemma. Auf Wiedersehen, Manfred.

Hallo und guten Tag Manfred,

very many thanks for your informations. It is really interesting to see how many friends of American cars (no matter of classics or modern cars) we have here in Germany. Unfortunately the gasoline is very expensive here so that cruisin around without a concrete reason is only possible when there is really nice weather.

Fortunately I meanwhile have found an engine. A Buick-enthusiast from North Carolina had a straight eight engine from a 50's Buick. It matches very well with my Super from 1952 and is on its way to Germany already. It is amazing to find out how many friendly people loving "old" cars exist around the world.

I hope now that the engine will arrive here safely and I can have my problem fixed quickly.

Once again many thanks for your reply, let's stay in contact, I will tell about the progress and then I will also send some pictures.

Viele Grüße Manfred und bis bald,

Wolfgang
    Last edited by lupocamino; 04-29-2013 at 11:19 PM. Reason: My terrible grammar

straight 8

Wolfgang, I'm glad you found an engine. such a lovely car needs to have an engine, and an original is even better!. Manfred

Quote Originally Posted by manfred range View Post
    Wolfgang, I'm glad you found an engine. such a lovely car needs to have an engine, and an original is even better!. Manfred
    Hi Manfred,

it took a long time but right now my car is finished and ready for cruisin', I am happy !!!

Right away two pics, just to show why I'm so proud,

many regards,

Wolfgang
    Attached Images Attached Images

What a fantastic car!

Quote Originally Posted by bobc455 View Post
    What a fantastic car!
    Thanks a lot, Bob!

looks great
    52 Special.
    Tin Militia CC