Thread: Stop the spam

Stop the spam

The quantity of spam messages posted to the forum recently has risen to a level that is far beyond acceptable.

I see we had a discussion about this last November, and the moderator seemed to think the problem had been resolved at that time, but it has returned with a vengeance. Is a test question still being used for new registrants?

Ray
    Last edited by raycow; 03-31-2013 at 11:26 AM.

I have made another change which I hope will reduce it!

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

At noon I installed a program which I had hoped would do what we needed, by dinner time, it had not! I have now installed another program in an effor to cut down on this problem.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Ahhh...

Tonight things look better although the site went down earlier today because of spammers. I think we may be getting ahead of it, we'll know better in the morning. We were getting hit hard out of China, but now Viet Nam has pick up the site.

And obviously, feel free to report the spammy threads so we can go kill them...

Look for the little triangle warning sign (with the exclamation point) below each post. Hit that and we'll take care of it!

-Bob C.

Quote Originally Posted by bobc455 View Post
    And obviously, feel free to report the spammy threads so we can go kill them...
    Quote Originally Posted by bobc455 View Post

Look for the little triangle warning sign (with the exclamation point) below each post. Hit that and we'll take care of it!

-Bob C.
    Yes the Spaminators have been working OT, but have less work now!
    Steve B.

67 GS 525 Buick Stage IV
    66 GS Convertible
    65 GS HT
    63 Riv
    02 Subaru WRX Turbo
    03 Ford Cobra Convertible (Factory Supercharged)