Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 1955 Century Coupe about to arrive in driveway any day now...

My 1955 Century Coupe about to arrive in driveway any day now...

Guys, after seven and a half months of negotiations including a 54 day ship across the Pacific, I am happy to say the car is just a handful of days from being delivered to our place. From Jacksonville to Shellharbour. I've been staring at a few low res photos for months now hoping that it is at least half as good as it looks in the pictures. Keeping fingers crossed that it will be fine. Could be a party on at our place sometime this week methinks!
    $T2eC16R,!zUE9s38+HrmBQc36c6QkQ~~60_3.jpgPlans to change things on it are few in mind. 322 Nailhead, dynaflow. Was restored sometime ago (possibly in the 80's) Was told it runs well, and everything but the wipers work. My intention is just to look the hell after it, because from what I know there are maybe a half dozen of these cars in Australia, and only one other in our national Buick club that I can see. I do forsee a change to disk brakes more or less straight up and a dual m/c. Possibly from Wilwood. Don't want to touch anything else, but brakes to me are the only area I want to have upgraded. Thanks guys! Wish me luck!
    HTML Code:
    54f100.blogspot.com.au

The pictures look GREAT!

That is a long time for a little boy to have to wait for his toy

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

It'll be worth the wait! I hope you love it. Enjoy!
    Ken

BCA #46866
    1965 Gran Sport

nice

pix when you get it please.
    52 Special.
    Tin Militia CC

Thumbs up

Congratulations for your new baby! I keep my fingers crossed for you and your new buick!
    Greetings from Buick58

1958 special 4 door sedan
    1955 Roadmaster convertible

http://www.buick58.de

thanks guys....any day now
    HTML Code:
    54f100.blogspot.com.au

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hugh ness View Post
    Guys, after seven and a half months of negotiations including a 54 day ship across the Pacific, I am happy to say the car is just a handful of days from being delivered to our place. From Jacksonville to Shellharbour. I've been staring at a few low res photos for months now hoping that it is at least half as good as it looks in the pictures. Keeping fingers crossed that it will be fine. Could be a party on at our place sometime this week methinks!
    $T2eC16R,!zUE9s38+HrmBQc36c6QkQ~~60_3.jpgPlans to change things on it are few in mind. 322 Nailhead, dynaflow. Was restored sometime ago (possibly in the 80's) Was told it runs well, and everything but the wipers work. My intention is just to look the hell after it, because from what I know there are maybe a half dozen of these cars in Australia, and only one other in our national Buick club that I can see. I do forsee a change to disk brakes more or less straight up and a dual m/c. Possibly from Wilwood. Don't want to touch anything else, but brakes to me are the only area I want to have upgraded. Thanks guys! Wish me luck!
    great to see.i have 54 2 door special ,very simular

Quote Originally Posted by wizzard_one View Post
    great to see.i have 54 2 door special ,very simular
    Sadly, have since sold it. It arrived with massive rust issues, a bent chassis and was generally a huge disappointment. Was not informed about the rust or the structural damage when bought.
    The dangers of buying sight unseen, folks.
    Was sold to a panel beater / smash repair guy who reckons he can make something of it. I hope so. It broke my heart to see it arrive in such poor state, and it was such a stunning looking car, and I really miss it.
    In hindsight I maybe should have kept it and had a pro repair it, but the costs of getting it back on the road at the time went way beyond my budget.
    HTML Code:
    54f100.blogspot.com.au

I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't see how some can be so dishonest about things. Unfortunately these days it all seems to be about the $$$$$.

Tom T.
    Tom Telesco
    Classic and Muscle Automotive
    12 Cook St.
    Norwalk, CT 06853-1601
    Day Phone 203-324-6045 ET
    NailHead Mini-Starters '53-'66
    Adjustable Roller Tip Rocker Arms - All NailHeads
    Custom forged pistons
    Front & rear neoprene seals
    Many other "Nail" parts
    "If I can't get it, you don't need it!"

No worries, Tom. Yesterday, in fact, about 8 months after selling it, I made contact with the buyer and he has told me he ha totally devoted a massive amount of his time into the car. Being the owner of a smash repair shop was a mile easier for him and he says he has now painted it and is expecting the chrome work to arrive this week. He promises to send me some picture of the car shortly and I will post them up for everyone to see. It does have a happy ending, though not the ending I wished. But great to know it is being lovingly restored.
    Thanks guys
    Peter
    HTML Code:
    54f100.blogspot.com.au