- 1964-1967 SP400 Parts Images
- How to wire the Switch Pitch on a Buick Transmission
    - 400 auto codes
- BOP Bellhousings and Automatic Identification

Thread: Oil leak from High Pressure accumulator on 57 Dynaflow.

Oil leak from High Pressure accumulator on 57 Dynaflow.

I have a small oil leak from the seal on the High pressure accumulator control valve crank. Have a new seal and gaskets. The space is limited when the gearbox is in the car so it will be difficult to remove the seal without risking damages to the surfaces of the crank and body. Can I remove the whole High pressure accumulator body from the Dynaflow pump body , changing the seal on my Workbench and then bolt it back on to the Dynaflow. Without getting any unpleasant surprises as check ***** falling out, or springs flying around? Thanks in advance. Anders
    Last edited by Anders_60; 03-21-2013 at 03:18 AM.

I have this same issue with the leak from the high pressure accumulator crank seal. Does anyone know where replacement seals can be purchased online? Thanks -Lou
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Anders_60 View Post
    I have a small oil leak from the seal on the High pressure accumulator control valve crank. Have a new seal and gaskets. The space is limited when the gearbox is in the car so it will be difficult to remove the seal without risking damages to the surfaces of the crank and body. Can I remove the whole High pressure accumulator body from the Dynaflow pump body , changing the seal on my Workbench and then bolt it back on to the Dynaflow. Without getting any unpleasant surprises as check ***** falling out, or springs flying around? Thanks in advance. Anders

Quote Originally Posted by LF1962_Invicta View Post
    I have this same issue with the leak from the high pressure accumulator crank seal. Does anyone know where replacement seals can be purchased online? Thanks -Lou
    ---
    I found my set of seals here, http://stores.ebay.com/Creekside2-Co...&_sid=10348029 Anders

Thank you for the reply Anders.

Not sure if my '62 dynaflow is the same as yours. My leak is at the carb linkage shaft going into the accumulator, so this is the seal I need. When you changed your seal(s) was it straight forward or did you run into some problems you could share with me. Not sure if I need to remove the accumulator to replace this shaft seal.

I appreciate your time. -Lou

(can't figure out how to email from this website)

Simple job

I had the leak at the same place. It was a simple job and could be done without removing the accumulator. I removed the lever and the washer, then I could pry out the old seal with a needle like tool. Pic of how it looked when installed is attached. I hope it will be of some help. Anders
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Anders_60; 08-07-2013 at 06:51 AM.

Thanks again Anders. I ordered the gaskets per your link (very helpful people). I hope to seal it up this weekend. -Lou