Thread: 63 skylark

63 skylark

Hi everybody,

I am looking at buying a 1963 Skylark with the 215 powerplant & 2 speed transmission. It only has 88,000 miles on it. Oversll the interior is in good condition & the body is straight with only one small spot of rust on the bottom exterior of the windshield post on the passenger side, it s surface only the owner let me test it and there is steel behind the rust. It's only been in California & has the original black license plate.
    The car has a lot of character.

Heres the not so good. It's lowered, primer paint except for the roof, that's the original red. The doors are shaved & doesn't have electric door openers. You have to reach through the wind wings to open the Car doors. The ignition switch works without putting the key into it. Has no A/C and the heater has been removed. The owner says sometimes when he uses the horn it shocks him, it didn't shock me when I tested it.

He is asking $5000 cash. Is this a fair price? I'm not sure if Ivwant to pay $5000 for it when it need some work to be able to lock it, new ignition switch and to put a heater in it.

Thanks for any feedback.

'63 Skylark - good deal?

These cars are getting really hard to find. As far as comparable for sale, the '63 Olds currently for sale in Team Buick is almost the same
    vehicle. It is "hoping for" $3500. The convertible is worth more, of course.

GM vehicles of this era didn't need an ignition key IF you removed the key in the "run" position. You can then turn the switch on or off, or start,
    without a key. If it does require work, you're better off to have a locksmith repair it. Then both keys will match.

Good luck. Consider joining the Buick Club, and the '62-3 Special/Skylark Club.