Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spammer invasion

Quote Originally Posted by sharkman View Post
    Hi guys I have a website that has been up since 2008 www.southfloridasharkclub.com and my site has also been under attack the last 5 days or so it done by machine used to penetrate your site under the user registartion .My site master website creator is searching out a way to block out this new threat that we had in the past been able to keep out.Please keep me posted as to your progress I think we will be rid of this new fanfangled crap within the next few days.
    Folks I am a legitimate website owner not a spammer and yes I mispelled 'newfangled' and the reason I am on this site is just recently I bought a 1969 Buick Skylark w a 350 engine and a hurst 3 speed that I am renovating.I paid $3500 for the vehicle and have bought a parts car for $400 that I am also using to upgrade my 2dr Skylark.The spammer invasion continues on my site but my webmaster will have it all gone very soon.I will post a bunch of spare parts from my parts car that I cannot use soon the car is a 1968 4dr Skylark and many of the good parts I cannot use on my 1969 as they are not interchangeble.I appologize for the confusion but rest assured i am a legitimate Buick owner/renovator.I hope this clears whatever doubts there may have been.Thanks.

5 days! Having experienced it for 3 was enough for me! I see you are running phpbb. Here we are running vbulletin. Forums can be a problem, I have a couple of less popular sites which I dropped them from because of the spam problems (don't worry guys, this ones not going anywhere).

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Bob, I am really ignorant about this "spam problem." I do not see or notice anything different. What do they do?

most of the spam posts get deleted fairly quickly.

sometimes they'll start a new thread but usually they'll just tack onto the end of an existing thread and copy / paste some long post and then there will be a link or url in it. the goal is to drive traffic to their web site ( for the more above board spammers ) all the way down to Nigerian prince scams. we had a post on here a month or two back which purported to be some Russian chick looking for a boyfriend ... 'she' posted a picture of herself which was broken halfway down ... cuz it was the "only one" she had. shyeah, whatever.

sharkman
    I hope this clears whatever doubts there may have been.Thanks.

you gots to admit, that would have been a hell of a ballsy spammer.

howdy sharkman, hope we can answer any questions you might have.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)