Thread: 1992 Roadmaster Estate Wagon!

1992 Roadmaster Estate Wagon!

Howdy everyone. I recently bought a rather nice 1992 Roadmaster Estate Wagon. Sweet riding vehicle. Its a lot like driving your living room couch around! The damned thing has those child security locks on the back doors. The owners manual tell you how to deactivate them, but it doesn't tell you where in the hell the bloody buttons are! They are not on the doors or the dash or in the glovebox. The woman and I were looking all bloody day. Either we are blind and need to be confined to an assisted living facility or Buick was very devious in placing the controls!
    BTW, I'm the second owner. I bought it from the widow of the original, deceased owner. She turned 90 this year and gave up her DL. Car has 51,000 original miles. A/C is on the old R12 and will freeze you out! Only thing that doesn't work is the back windows . I suspect its because they have never been rolled down! Thanks in advance. Kevin Seadog!

I am pretty sure there is a skinny sliding lever on the inside of the back of the door, near the wheelwell.

child proof locks

On my 91 rmw the cp locks are located just under the door latch in the rear door itself . Later bake

I found them there. They were just a lot smaller than I expected and I overlooked them. Great riding car. Put new tires on the front yesterday and she is even quieter going down the road than she was. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by GSXMEN View Post
    I am pretty sure there is a skinny sliding lever on the inside of the back of the door, near the wheelwell.
    That's where they were. Much smaller than I expected. Thanks for the help.