Thread: power sterring

power sterring

i have a 1951 super standard shift will power sterring unit off 1952 roadmaster auto fit what changes will have to be made i have all parts off the 52

Yes, I think it should be doable, because I have a car with sort of the reverse swap. Specifically, it is a 52 Roadmaster with factory PS which I converted to manual shift using the column parts from a 52 Super.

The problem is that I did this conversion over 40 years ago and I have no drawings or photographs from when I had the column apart. This was not a bolt-in. I had to modify some of the parts and the job took quite a while, but when it was finished the column looked stock, at least on the outside.

I wish I could give you more info, but I really have no desire to take the column apart again to get pics of what the inside parts look like. That was the most difficult part of the entire conversion.

Ray

power sterring

Quote Originally Posted by raycow View Post
    Yes, I think it should be doable, because I have a car with sort of the reverse swap. Specifically, it is a 52 Roadmaster with factory PS which I converted to manual shift using the column parts from a 52 Super.

The problem is that I did this conversion over 40 years ago and I have no drawings or photographs from when I had the column apart. This was not a bolt-in. I had to modify some of the parts and the job took quite a while, but when it was finished the column looked stock, at least on the outside.

I wish I could give you more info, but I really have no desire to take the column apart again to get pics of what the inside parts look like. That was the most difficult part of the entire conversion.

Ray
    Ray

thanks for your help I GOING TO TRY TO DO IT

DENNIS

I know someone who installed NEW ELECTRIC power steering on a '41 Buick. Not for the faint of heart, but it can & has been done successfully & out & driving for a couple years now.

Tom T.
    Tom Telesco
    Classic and Muscle Automotive
    12 Cook St.
    Norwalk, CT 06853-1601
    Day Phone 203-324-6045 ET
    NailHead Mini-Starters '53-'66
    Adjustable Roller Tip Rocker Arms - All NailHeads
    Custom forged pistons
    Front & rear neoprene seals
    Many other "Nail" parts
    "If I can't get it, you don't need it!"