Thread: 1967 GS400, Skylark 14" Arm Wrests

1967 GS400, Skylark 14" Arm Wrests

Does anyone have a source for the 14" GS 400 arm front door arm wrests? or... What did you do about yours?

I could do with some decent spares

The number on them is 4426742. I expect they are used on other GM makes, anyone know which ones?
    Last edited by Bob; 07-26-2012 at 09:36 AM.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

There is a company called "Just Dashes" that will re-cover your armrests (or your dash pad) in the original color. Other than that, the only thing I can say is keep checking E-Bay and Craigslist religiously. As for other models that use those, I know that some Impala and Cutlass trim packages also used the 14" armrests.

I got the wrong ones from OPG and never found another source. I wonder if Legandary has them by now?
    Steve B.

67 GS 525 Buick Stage IV
    66 GS Convertible
    65 GS HT
    63 Riv
    02 Subaru WRX Turbo
    03 Ford Cobra Convertible (Factory Supercharged)

I just talked to Legendary a few days ago, and they still don't have them and can't help.

i am afraid to ask "just dashes", they will probably want $150.00 each! I asked them for a price on the '67 dash and was expecting $400.00 or so, but it was $600.00+! Seemed a bit much for such a simple dash pad.

I would also like to send the plastic bases somewhere for re-chroming, any suggestions?

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Red face Arm rests

If yours aren,t real bad you can get a dye in a spray can. I did that with mine and the came out great.
    The bases are not available but there is a place that will re-chrome them. I do not remember the name and I am at work so I can't look it up. If I remember right, the cost was about $64.00 ea. and a 10 week lead time. I will see if I can find the name and let you know. I found it on the internet.
    Good luck.
    Les

I am sure the 14" arm wrest is not GM exclusive to the skylark "custom interior" and the GS. Anyone know what other GM products used them?