Thread: regristration HELP!!!!

regristration HELP!!!!

hey guys i live in East Texas and own a 67 buick Lesabre... i want to register it with antique plates but the lady at the tax office said if i do that i only can drive it in parades and to car shows...is this true? because whats the point of restoring an antique if i cant drive it... i asked about classic plates and she said they are the same as standard plates so whats the point?

Cool Texas Registration

I, too, am in Texas with a 67 Buick Skylark. We investigated the different titling and registration options. I say go for the Classic Reg and plates. There is a difference in practice on the road, if you are really going to drive your LaSabre. The Texas troopers will not knit pick a "classic" plated car, if they suspect you are not wearing a seat belt, lights are dim, etc... they aren't looking for the same expectations on the road as with a car with standard plates. There is no cost value upfront to registering your car as a Classic in titling, but there are several "enforcement" values held differently when the car has classic plates on it....Plus they just look much more spiffy!

thanks for the help...i went down to the tax office and talked to someone who knew what they were talking about and got classic plates and the title swapped over...

hey does any of the parts for a 67 buick lesabre interchange with other chevy or buicks?

Quote Originally Posted by ratrod86 View Post
    thanks for the help...i went down to the tax office and talked to someone who knew what they were talking about and got classic plates and the title swapped over...
    You are quite welcome. Glad to be of help. As for parts interchangeability, check out the Reference page of TeamBuick. there s a link under Identification titled "Body Cross Reference,A,B,C..." This should help.

JB73
    Last edited by jbunt73; 07-07-2012 at 09:39 PM. Reason: add info

preciate it...im mostly looking for a driver side door latch and interior pieces