Thread: Beware of scammers

Beware of scammers

Guy sent check on a fraudulent account. Wanted me to wire funds Via Western Union. Never send money to people you cannot verify they exist. Jim

Turns out the guy was from Nigeria. He has been banned from the site!

Thanks

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Post Don't let them get you

they're all around the internet trying to get money from innocent people. Believe me, I've dealt with a lot of them from my previous job.

scam??

Some guy contacted me through my e mail address that I had left on here to sell parts. He wanted to by some parts that I had, spelling was so bad that I almost could not figure out what he wanted. I had pulled the add a few months ago. He asked if I took pay pal and said if I didn't he would help me set up a account, just send him all my info like bank account numbers, all my personal info like age, mail address, S.S. number,and the number of the credit card I wanted to use .. nice guy , he was willing to do all that for me so he could buy something from me............No, I think I'll pass on his help.........