Thread: Buick newby

Buick newby

After some time checking out buicks I decided to purchase a 1957 2 door post.It has a 364ci motor with is stock as is the rest of the car.Will post photos when I learn how.
    The motor has a two barrel carb wich I would like to change to a four barell carb,which brings me to my first question of many I am sure.
    Does the 4 barell manifold of a later model fit and are these available new as in aluminium and where from?

you cannot use a manifold from a 401 or 425, those blocks have a taller deck and are wider.

i would assume you can use any 364 manifold but i can't guarantee that.

note the list at the bottom which gives widths for various manifolds:
    http://www.teambuick.com/forums/view...mbers_nailhead
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Intake....

Yep,, he can use any 364 intake.....

364 intake.

Thanks for the information so far guys.So is there anyone who has a spare 364 4 barell intake that would like to sell it.
    I would prefere a after market if they made one in cast aluminium.
    Last edited by buicknewby; 04-26-2012 at 06:50 PM. Reason: adding

Intake mod.....

364 intake manifolds are harder to find than the 401/425's.... but when you do find one,,,, before you put it on,,, take a look over at v8buick.com/da nailhead/ Doc's dual plane&port matching sticky,,, there.....
    I have done this on all my nailhead engines and it really works good and does not cut the gas mileage at all....
    Doc PS,,,, alluminum single 4 intakes do not exhist for any nailhead engine.... at all.... never been made.... a lot of guys are wanting one, but we cant seem go get any manufacturer interested....
    Last edited by DocModisett; 04-28-2012 at 04:08 AM.

364 intake.

Thanks for info. Not happy to hear that nobody makes a single 4 barell manifold,so for the time being I will have to persist with
    the flat spot in my 2 barell carby and hope I can find a stock 4 barell manifold.