From the Reference Section:
- Common engine dimensions
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need To be pointed in the right direction

Almost Done!!

well here we are in Julyand my car is almost done. I drop the s b c 350 and th 350 in my buick skylark. Thee driveshaft had to be cut 3/4 inch and the transmission cooler lines had to be replaced. After doing all this kickdown cable and my shift linkage cable seem to be broke and my Keys don't start my car anymore but I do have power inside the vehicle and my engine light comes on when I try to turn the car on so I'm thinking might be the ignition switch not sure.i have push button trigger with a positive and negative clamps were can I hook these up to jump start my engine? Which wires off the starter soleniod do I connect too or what? any help would be appreciated everybody thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

On the solenoid, jump the battery terminal to the "S" terminal. This should crank the engine. If the engine cranks like this, but not with the key, the first thing to check is the adjustment of your neutral safety switch. Since your shift linkage doesn't work, the switch could be in the wrong position.

Ray

Thanks Again!

Alright I got it started! now i just need to get that switched fixed Im guessin

Quote Originally Posted by jno1987 View Post
    Alright I got it started! now i just need to get that switched fixed Im guessin
    Well, you don't know for certain that the problem is in the neutral safety switch. I just suggested that because you said your shift linkage didn't work.

As a test, put a jumper across the wires where they connect to the switch and try to start the car with the key. If the engine cranks now, you know the problem is related to the switch or its adjustment. If it still doesn't crank, the problem is elsewhere and you need to keep on looking.

Ray

motor mounts

Just wondering how you wound up mounting the sbc in the skylark. I made this swap and wound up making my own frame mounts to fit an early nova motor mount. Works good but there should be a factory match to do the same thing.