- 1964-1967 SP400 Parts Images
- How to wire the Switch Pitch on a Buick Transmission
    - 400 auto codes
- BOP Bellhousings and Automatic Identification
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't find a dynaflow mount??

Can't find a dynaflow mount??

Hello all. Recently tried to find a dynaflow mount. I went all over the planet trying to find one and had no luck. After looking through every mount at the local auto parts store, here is what i came up with. I found a transmission mount for a 87-95 jeep wrangler. You have to oversize the holes to 3/8 inch to get it to mount to the transmission. You will also have to re-drill the cross member to accept the mount. It is about the same size when it comes to thickness. I understand that it is hard to find OEM parts for these old cars, so i figured that i would post this to help anyone else who might be confronted with this issues. Hope it helps. Semper Fi.

What year car are you using this on?

Ray

The jeep mount was used on a 61 Dynaflow in a 61 LeSabre.

Thank you. That's good info to have.

Ray

Keep in mind that holes have to be drill out and elongated to mount to the dyna. The nuts are kind of hard to find as well. I went to the junk yard today to pull the cross member nuts off of a 91 Wrangler. Very upsetting using metric garbage on American Iron. Sure wish someone would reproduce the factory style mount.

Parts stores and even regular hardware stores in most places stock metric hardware now, so the nuts shouldn't be too much of a problem unless they are some really oddball thread.

Ray

I went to every parts store to include Lowes, Home Depot, ACE Hardware, and Tractor Supply. None of them had nuts that would fit. I came back home and got out the Snap On tap and die set. Both standard and metric. Neither had any that would work. The closest that I could find was 11x1.5 metric. Thats why I went to the bone yard to find them. Great Success. I got the cross member drilled today to accept the mount. I drilled the mount to fit the transmission yesterday. I will putting the 364 back into the 61 on monday. I will let you know how the transmission mounts works once it is installed. Love my . Semper Fi

Thank you for this info. I had no clue that Jeep would use such an odd thread.

Ray

Got it all put in and I am now driving it. The mount works great. Goes to show that a little bit of common sense and an electric drill, most anything will work. 91 Jeep Wrangler transmision mount on a 61 Dyna.

Steele Rubber Products can rebuild your old core.

http://www.steelerubber.com

They have a lot of great parts for 61-64 Full size Buicks.

Chris

Pad, transmission mounting. Replaces #1349126. Revulcanizing service only. Send in both pieces of your old pad and we will revulcanize with top quality rubber to new condition. Allow 3 weeks. All Dyna-Flow (except Special Series).

50-0314-25.....$ 96.80/ea.
    Christopher Pollock
    1963 Wildcat Conv.